Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tossed this around a couple times and didn't have a good link with data.

Today while reading up on bone broth I came across this perfect link:

http://www.mineralresourcesint.co.uk/pdf/Mineral_Depletion_o...

Lots of data on individual foods.

For example compared to 1940, Parmesan cheese made today has lost all iron and copper and many other nutrients were down 70%.

Quote:
n March 2006, the UN acknowledged a new kind of malnutrition.
Catherine Bertini
Chairperson of the UN Standing Committee on Nutrition
said: “The overweight are just as malnourished as the starving, and nutritional programs in poor countries need to target rising obesity alongside hunger”.
She also suggested that we need a new definition of malnutrition because food availability is not really the issue. It is the quality of the food that is the problem. This new type of malnutrition, which can be categorised as multiple micronutrient depletion, has been termed ‘Type B malnutrition’.

It's very tricky to eat healthy and we have a lot of subtle effects from these types of nutritional deficiencies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, corporations are not people and so don't have empathy or any ethics. So corporations are now in charge of food, and they don't actually care about people, so they are offering lower cost food at lower prices in order to make higher profits, but meanwhile when we buy lower cost food, we're getting food that doesn't actually do what food is supposed to do. It makes us fat without getting the nutrients we need. So we eat more food that isn't nutritious.

I believe most of the obesity crisis is related to that effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Basically, corporations are not people and so don't have empathy or any ethics. So corporations are now in charge of food, and they don't actually care about people, so they are offering lower cost food at lower prices in order to make higher profits, but meanwhile when we buy lower cost food, we're getting food that doesn't actually do what food is supposed to do. It makes us fat without getting the nutrients we need. So we eat more food that isn't nutritious.

You had me until the last line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

You had me until the last line.

Well, that's why I put 'I believe' in front of that line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

well....the big money is in animal fat, salt and corn

those 3 and chinese newspaper make up 99% of prepared foods on the market

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.