Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Rooms and a Groom PBF17
(a back-to-basics 2R1B retheme)

If you like it then you better put a ring on it.

Say yes to the dress.

Mawwidge. Mawwidge is what brings up together today.

Butterfly kisses.

Ah yes, that timeless tradition. A Groom meets a Bride, and together they become one. But if the Ex-girlfriend (after finding out the date from the Senile Aunt) crashes the wedding, then it'll be happy never after! Join us in this hilarious sequel to The Wedding Crashers, Wedding Crashers 2: Tokyo Drift. (The sequel Divorce Proceeding Crashers and the prequel Bat-Mitzvah Crashers are already in the works.)

Player Roster:
BurningAlgebra
BlueTorch
Slathe
slinkydink
longlivesquare
mfl134
Panda_Queue
jackelfrink
nolemonplease
Acope27
ErintheRed
Seen
I Eat Tables
PseudoPserious
liljohnny818
CityWithoutMen

(the joke about Bat-Mitzvah Crashers being in the works is not a joke...my friend in filmschool is working on it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF 17 - "Back to basics" for realsies this time!
Introduction

Two Rooms and a Groom is a social deduction, hidden role game. There are two teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the Blue Team's President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

NOTE: In this game, the President and the Bomber have been rethemed into the Groom and the Ex-Girlfriend. The Doctor and the Engineer have been rethemed into The Bride and The Senile Aunt. Mechanically, they are the same roles, just with a different name.

PBF Rules

At the start of the game, the moderator will create two different "room" threads (labeled something like "PBF#1 - The Bunker - Round 1" and "PBF#1 - The Command Post - Round") and a "main" thread (this one) in which the mod posts all of the "commands" during the game (like, "Jimmy Dean moves from The Bunker to the Command Post"). The mod then randomly assigns all players to the two rooms and deals out randomly their roles via private message. The mod then begins the first round by posting something like: ROUND 1 WILL END 24 HOURS FROM NOW

Each round is a day. All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room. Over the course of the round, each room's leader will select a number of hostages (round and player count dependent) to transfer to the other room. If a leader does not submit a person to switch within the time limit, the mod will select hostages randomly from that room and move them.

After the mod has moved the players, two new threads for the next round will be created. Players may look back at the "old" rooms until the game is finished.

Electing a Leader

To elect a Leader for a room, players vote for any player in their room. They do this by bolding "Vote for Alex". Once a player has enough votes equal to more than half the number of players in the room (a majority), that player is the Leader.

A Leader remains the leader of a room until:
• The Leader leaves the room. If the Leader chooses to leave the room, then they must choose someone else to be the new Leader for that room.
• A re-vote occurs and a new player receives the majority of the votes.

Revealing

During the course of the game, players can do what is called a "co-reveal" or a "color-reveal". If you co-reveal with a player, you reveal to them your role and they reveal to you their role. If players wish to do a co-reveal, they must publicly state in their room's thread, "I wish to do a co-reveal with Jesse." "Jesse" must then also say, "I wish to do a co-reveal with Alex." After both players have "locked in" their wish to co-reveal via bolding, they are FORCED to divulge their role card with the other player (ie, you can't back out if you realize you're about to reveal to a player on the other team). If they wish to do a color-reveal, it is the same type of situation, except that you only share the color of your card (red, blue, or gray). There must be 10 players playing before color-reveals are allowed.

What if a player wishes to back out of a reveal prior to the actual reveal? Let's say A puts in bold that they wish to reveal with B. Prior to B putting in bold that they will reveal with A, A can back out of the reveal by putting in another message, in bold, saying they no longer wish to reveal. Once B puts in their reveal orders, however, the reveal is required by both parties, regardless of whether they wanted to reveal or not. No cheating! The mod WILL intervene if required (but would rather you sort it out yourself).

Players are also allowed to simply show another player their color or role if they'd like. To do this, a player would publicly state and bold in his room's thread, "I show Jesse my color" or "Private Reveal Jesse."

Likewise, you can publicly reveal your role to the room, by bolding your color or role and announcing it in the room's thread (i.e., "I am red."). If it's bold, you cannot lie.

To summarize, we have:

• Offer [color/co-reveal] to Jesse - to propose a color or co-reveal to player
• Accept [color/co-reveal] from Jesse - to accept a color or co-reveal from player
• Revoke [color/co-reveal] offer to Jesse - to cancel a previous color or co-reveal offer to player
• Private reveal [color/role] to Jesse - share role/color with player
• I am [color/role] - share color/role with room

Private Messaging

Private messaging will be allowed this game. Private messages must be:

• Announced in the public thread who you whispered to, via a bolded action, "Whisper to Jesse"
• You are allowed to whisper to multiple people at once for one action. "Whisper to Jesse, Alex, Teresa."
• There's still no limit on private messages (whispers) you can send, but try to keep whispers close to five per round or 25/game (it's not a hard limit, but it makes the game a little more challenging and mimics the time limit you might otherwise feel in a real-life game).

SPECIAL NOTE ON ENCODING WHISPERS:

Because spectators and future geeks browsing the forums may want to see what was said during those whisper exchanges (it makes the game more interesting), you may consider posting your messages in a
Spoiler (click to reveal)
SPOILER
and use a cypher like that found on the rot13 website (http://www.rot13.com/) to keep people from accidentally reading the message. To use the encoder, just type in whatever message you would like to whisper, hit CYPHER, and post the encoded text in your spoiler. Whoever receives the whisper should then copy the encoded text, paste it back into the rot13 encoder/decoder, and hit CYPHER.

NOTE: DO NOT READ MESSAGES MEANT FOR OTHER PEOPLE, especially those from opposing team members. THIS IS CHEATING. You are welcome to go back after the game is over and read what people posted.

SECOND-In-COMMAND: To prevent random transfers from occurring during the game (because of the flavor of this game, decisions CANNOT be made after the deadline), room leaders are HIGHLY encouraged to appoint a 2nd-in-command and inform both that player and the moderator, so that said player may also submit hostage transfer orders and next round leader appointment to the moderator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Finalized Roleset

blue Groom - Blue Team wins if you do not gain the “unmarried” condition.

blue Bride - when playing with the Bride the Groom begins with the “Red Team wins” condition. The “Red Team wins” condition can only be removed from the Groom by co-revealing with the Bride. If the game ends and the Groom still has the “Red Team wins condition,” then the Red Team wins. Note: when playing the Bride with the Senile Aunt, it is possible for both teams to win... which is like kissing your sister and isn’t really winning at all.

red Ex-girlfriend - everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the “unmarried” condition. The Red Team wins if the Groom gains the “unmarried” condition.

red Senile Aunt - when playing with the Senile Aunt, the Ex-girlfriend begins with the “Blue Team wins” condition. The “Blue Team wins” condition can only be removed from the Ex-girlfriend by co-revealing with the Senile Aunt. If the game ends and the Ex-girlfriend still has the “Blue Team wins condition,” then the Blue Team wins. Note: when playing the Bride with the Senile Aunt, it is possible for both teams to win... which is like kissing your sister and isn’t really winning at all.

blue Blue Guest - you are on the Blue Team. If the Groom does not gain the “unmarried” condition, you win.

red Red Guest - You are on Red Team, if the Groom gains the “unmarried” condition, you win.

red/blue Desperate Friend - You may only co-reveal. You may not publicly reveal or color reveal. Desperate to go all the way ... tonight.

red/blue Wallflower - you begin with the “shy” condition. Players with the “shy” condition may not reveal any part of their card to any player. It's also imperative that you awkwardly dance by yourself whenever a Journey song comes on.

red/blue Bartender - any player that co-reveals with you acquires the “foolish” condition. Players with the “foolish” condition can never turn down an offer to co-reveal. Note: If a player with the “foolish” condition were to acquire the “shy” condition, the two conditions would cancel one another, leaving the player with neither condition.

grey Best Man - you win if you are in the same room as the Groom at the end of the game. It's your job to wingman your best brah ... one last time.

grey Wedding Planner - you win if you are NOT in the same room as the Groom at the end of the game. That jerk kept interfering with your amazing vision for the most perfect wedding!

grey Ex-girlfriend's BFF - you win if you are in the same room as the Ex-girlfriend at the end of the game. Best friends forever lol!!!

grey Groom's Father - you win if you are NOT in the same room as the Ex-girlfriend at the end of the game, since your affair with the Ex-girlfriend prompted the breakup of her and the Groom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Event Invitation wrote:
Dear sir and/or madam,

Your presence at the Wedding of the Century is requested. In order to make certain this wedding will make memories that last a lifetime, the Groom and the Bride will be undercover, disguised as guests themselves. This is because the Groom's Ex-girlfriend is very likely to attempt to crash the wedding and ruin everything for our beautiful Bride and dashing Groom. Our dear old Senile Aunt might accidentally share with the Ex-girlfriend all of the details of this otherwise happy day. If the Ex-girlfriend ends up in the same room as the Groom at the end of the game, well, the Ex-girlfriend and her Red Guest friends will have much cause for celebration. Otherwise, the Blue Guests and their friends shall live happily ever after! But beware...the drinks that the Bartenders are serving in this game are making people quite foolish, and there are a few people who have social anxiety as well. Please treat them kindly. Oh, and do watch out: the Groom's Father might have had ... prior dealings with the Ex-girlfriend. That's a topic of conversation that our families wish to keep private.

So, please, gather in either the Chapel or the Hotel and begin mingling with guests. The hors d'oeuvres shall be out shortly, and the priest must be around here somewhere, keeping everyone moderated. The Wedding Singer should be starting up any second, and hopefully there will be none of those pesky Wedding Crashers!

Player Swap Schedule

16 players are participating, which means the rounds will have the following number of player swaps:

Round 1: 3 players
Round 2: 2 players
Round 3: 2 players
Round 4: 1 player
Round 5: 1 player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME LOG

Players starting in Chapel:
Acope27
slinkydink
PseudoPserious
BurningAlgebra
jackelfrink
BlueTorch
I Eat Tables
nolemonplease

Players starting in Hotel:
liljohnny818
Slathe
longlivesquare
CityWithoutMen
Panda_Queue
ErintheRed
Seen
mfl134

Round 1 Rooms:
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Chapel - R1
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Hotel - R1

Round 1 Transfers:
- BurningAlgebra, jackelfrink, nolemonplease move to Hotel
- Slathe, Panda_Queue, mfl134 move to Chapel

Round 2 Rooms:
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Chapel - R2
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Hotel - R2

Round 2 Transfers:
- BlueTorch, Panda_Queue to Hotel
- nolemonplease, longlivesquare to Chapel

Round 3 Rooms:
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Hotel - R3
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Chapel - R3

Round 3 Transfers:
- nolemonplease, longlivesquare to Hotel
- BlueTorch, BurningAlgebra to Chapel

Round 4 Rooms:
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Chapel - R4
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Hotel - R4

Round 4 Transfers:

- Acope27 to Hotel
- nolemonplease to Chapel

Round 5 Rooms:
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Hotel - R5
- 2R1G PBF17 - The Chapel - R5

Round 5 Transfers:
- BlueTorch to Hotel
- Seen to Chapel

Who was who:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Acope27 blue Bride
slinkydink red Ex-girlfriend
PseudoPserious gray Wedding Planner
BurningAlgebra red Senile Aunt
jackelfrink blue Groom
BlueTorch blue Desperate Friend
I Eat Tables gray Ex-girlfriend's BFF
nolemonplease red Desperate Friend
liljohnny818 blue Bartender
Slathe blue Wallflower
longlivesquare blue Guest
CityWithoutMen gray Groom's Father
Panda_Queue red Guest
ErintheRed gray Best Man
Seen red Bartender
mfl134 red Wallflower

Congrats to Blue, Wedding Planner, BFF, Groom's Father and Bestman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Sommers
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up~!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
innie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to, but I am out of town on Sunday & Monday. If someone doesn't show up and you need a sub, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
I would love to, but I am out of town on Sunday & Monday. If someone doesn't show up and you need a sub, let me know.

EMME! =(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Duran
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda CF
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Emme's not in, then I'm not playing. But seriously, I will be travelling next week and will have limited internet access. So I have to pass this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearded Lizard kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack elfrink
United States
McKees Rocks
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OH! Pick me! Pick me!

Am I too late?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we change this game to Two Rooms and a Groom in honour of this great post about Boston sensitivity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Sommers
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Can we change this game to Two Rooms and a Groom in honour of this great post about Boston sensitivity?

Haha, that's a reply to my post. Funny that you brought it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
jackelfrink wrote:
OH! Pick me! Pick me!

Am I too late?
Of course not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Of course!

However it has been suggested in another thread that the Two Rooms and a Boom->Groom retheme turns a game that glorifies violence into a game that is sexist (the groom is running away from the bride stereotypes men as hating marriage and a bride running away from the groom makes women seen as flighty).

I see two ways to fix this:

- Two Rooms and a Groom in which there are two grooms
- Two Rooms and a Groom: instead of the groom running away from the bride, he is running away from the father-in-law who thinks he's not good enough for the bride

Even though this was put forth in a joke, I honestly think the designers should consider putting in some "Groom" and "Bride" (maybe a two copies each in both colors?) cards for groups that might be sensitive to games about bombs. It's a pretty great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
You can't play when you're not "in town"..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a smartphone and I'm not hauling a laptop across the country with me

I'll be at a wedding and I think it would be equivalent of being that guy in the corner who keeps checking the TV for the baseball scores!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
jackelfrink wrote:
OH! Pick me! Pick me!

Am I too late?
Fun story: jackelfrink was in my second-ever game of Resistance PBF, way back in PBF9 or 10...

He posted in-character, posing as some old crotchety man, and I, as a spy, used it to slime him the entire game. I FEEL SO GUILTY ABOUT THIS JACK!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
I don't have a smartphone and I'm not hauling a laptop across the country with me

I'll be at a wedding and I think it would be equivalent of being that guy in the corner who keeps checking the TV for the baseball scores!
I hear the AT&T and/or Verizon store is open on Saturday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.