Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having pretty good success with this Chaos Theory build, which focuses on R&D and can afford to be a little more aggressive than typical Shaper decks.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Chaos Theory: Wunderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Total Cards: (40)

Event: (11)
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
The Maker's Eye (Core) x3
Diesel (Core) x3
Stimhack (Core) x2 ■

Hardware: (7)
Rabbit Hole (Core) x3
Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus) x2
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount) x2

Program: (12)
Magnum Opus (Core) x3
Medium (Core) x2 ■■■
Snowball (Trace Amount) x2
Femme Fatale (Core) x3 ■
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) x2

Resource: (10)
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x3
Sacrificial Construct (Core) x2
Decoy (Core) x2 ■■
Underworld Contact (A Study in Static) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 8
Criminal: 7
Shaper: 56

Notes:
- Rabbit Holes + Dyson Mem Chips give plenty of Link to run Underworld Contacts for constant economy and ZU.13 Key Master to free up memory space

- Underworld Contact + MO gives a nice mix of constant economy and cred bursts when needed

- Chaos Theory's MU + Dinosaurus + Dyson Mem Chips give a potential 8 MUs to run lots of programs: 1 of each breaker (Femme on Dino) + 1 MO + 2 Mediums + an extra two Femmes

- Chaos Theory's 40 card min + Test Run + Diesel give the deck some more consistency

- Medium (x2) + The Maker's Eye means you control R&D

- Personal Workshop + Sacrificial Construct + Decoy allows me to be more aggressive than I usually would. I can plop a variety of breakers on PW and install them as necessary during the run. Decoy is also great for dealing with the various Tag and Bag strategies.

- Stimhack + Personal Workshop is great for shock value in the end game

- I typically host Femme Fatale on Dinosaurus to give a great Sentry breaker and then I may also play additional Femme Fatales to deal with other problematic ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Archer
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of this deck, but I've got two questions:

1. How is it better than an Anarch milling deck? It seems to me that you have an advantage with personal workshop and link strength.

2. What's your backup plan when the corp catches on and starts piling ice on their R&D? It seems like it'll still work reasonably pretty well against regular servers, but the Medium and possibly Femme Fatale would be wasted.

I might have to give this a try tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cy rus
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I think its totally different than the milling deck, apples to oranges comparison. Also I think if the corp catches on and has to ice the hell out of r&d, that leaves hq and all their remotes under-defended (which is real real bad vs big rigs).

Not to answer the q's for OP

I like the deck though. I got tired of playing CT but this looks like a fun way to do it. Why not Plascrete over Decoy though? I feel like I just don't understand the power of Decoy (very willing to learn!). It would free up some influence, and maybe with moving other stuff around you could sneak in a Nerve Agent? Perhaps -2 Decoy, -1 Maker's, +2 Plascrete, +1 Nerve Agent? Disclaimer, this could be horrible, awful advice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
VHStapes wrote:
I think its totally different than the milling deck, apples to oranges comparison. Also I think if the corp catches on and has to ice the hell out of r&d, that leaves hq and all their remotes under-defended (which is real real bad vs big rigs).

Not to answer the q's for OP

I like the deck though. I got tired of playing CT but this looks like a fun way to do it. Why not Plascrete over Decoy though? I feel like I just don't understand the power of Decoy (very willing to learn!). It would free up some influence, and maybe with moving other stuff around you could sneak in a Nerve Agent? Perhaps -2 Decoy, -1 Maker's, +2 Plascrete, +1 Nerve Agent? Disclaimer, this could be horrible, awful advice

I actually had nerve agent and Plascrete for a while but Plascrete is pretty much dead against anything other than SE. Decoy protects against a variety of badness.

I like this approach over milling decks because of the late game flexibility of big rig. The nice thing about Medium + Workshop is you can put it down just to scare the corp into putting lots of resources into R&D protection without ever paying the cost of installing either Medium. And with Big Rig + MO/UC/Stimhack economy, the corp can't really keep you out of R&D anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.