Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Owens
Philippines
Cainta
Rizal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So someone in my group noticed that the wording of the rules implies that you can actually build a district in any space on the board, assume the region is correct. That means you wouldn't necessarily need a guy in that spot to build it there. You could plunk it between some enemies and let them duke it out.

The rules state that you can place a development where there are already figures. That implies that you'd be able to place one where none exist. I think that sounds pretty cool, but just double-checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, build it anywhere where it meets the district requirements (Red, Green, or Blue) and there isn't already a Development. I've heard of someone winning by starting a turf war over a valuable Development by building it far from his own holdings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Easier

Fairport
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh that sounds amazing. Might have to do that just to Rios my game group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to build them where a Yugai patrol token is right? Then be able to move in and either fight them or wait until they are put back into the bag to move on it. There wasn't anything in the rules that I saw that said you can't put it under a Yugai token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul virgo
United Kingdom
brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thenobleknave wrote:
That's correct, build it anywhere where it meets the district requirements (Red, Green, or Blue) and there isn't already a Development. I've heard of someone winning by starting a turf war over a valuable Development by building it far from his own holdings.

did not no that so nice one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.