Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, finally, after 3 months of tense matches, the 2nd BGG A:NR OCTGN Tournament has concluded (Now that's a lot of acronyms) and we have a champion!

Unfortunately for you, you don't get to know who won yet, but fortunately we have an event that aims to preserve the exctitement of the finals. The livestreamed world premiere of the final 4 matches!

The plan is as follows: this coming Sunday at 6pm CEST (GMT+2), you tune-in to my twitch.tv channel where I will be streaming the pre-recorded casts of finalists. Hollis VS AndrewRogue for the Bronze position, and Inermis VS Orange Devil for the first place.

The matches will be streamed in such a way so as to be similar to how you normally see a streamed match, and thus hopefully retain the exctitement of the live game. Further to that, you'll be able to use the real time chat as your personal peanut gallery and we will very likely have the actual players as special guests for you to grill on their horrible plays. Can't miss such opportunities!

Finally, after the matches are over, I will post a final interview with the finalists where you can hear their opinions on the tournament, the meta and, of course, their finals games.

So, tune your clocks and remember the time: 6pm CEST on Sunday, you get to see the climatic conclusion of the only worldwide and easily largest Android:Netrunner tournament up to date!

Until then, sate your appetite with this playlist of 40 casted tournament matches, of which easily 35 are matchups between some of the top players in the world right now!

See y'all in 2 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
this is an amazing way to promote interest in the game, how it's played, and who plays it.

kudos to you and everyone involved in bringing this tournament together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait!!! I love watching live-streamed events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's Noon Eastern Daylight for us Americans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting us be your co-hosts and thanks for all the effort you put into the plug-in and into the tournament casting as well. You are a great credit to the Android Netrunner community. Keep up the great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to a conflict (known and worked out with DB0) (namely live-play at Labyrinth DC), I will not be 'in attendance', but I am there spiritually.

There is a minor chance that I will have my PC at the Labyrinth Event to have this running in the background for those who are between games and/or have an interest.

I will definitely watch the 'rerun' when it's posted though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
So, finally, after 3 months of tense matches, the 2nd BGG A:NR OCTGN Tournament has concluded (Now that's a lot of acronyms) and we have a champion!

You've clearly never worked for the military in any way. That's hardly even a few acronyms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Giovannetti
United States
Woodinville / Bothell Area
Washington
flag msg tools
Sounds awesome! Cannot wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to spread the news far and wide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Jekel
Poland
Torun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not be able to attent the LIVE event due to out-of-town regionals, but I will definitely watch them offline if made available. Tried to get some scoop from OrangeDevil but his mouth was sealed ;(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hollis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
the thought of having to wake up at 10:00am on a Sunday makes me cringe... but I will be there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollis and Rogue in the semifinals? The two premiere Netrunner writers meet! I'm almost more excited for that one than the finals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm flattered and somewhat >_> at the fact I'm considered on of the premiere writers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
personwholives wrote:
DbZer0 wrote:

You've clearly never worked for the military in any way. That's hardly even a few acronyms.

Or software. I worked a single project one time that had a 19 letter acronym

Edit: which is ridiculous of course given who it is we're talking about, but the line doesn't work as well any other way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mitchell
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Durn it. I've just been "informed" that we have a commitment tomorrow morning .

I can't wait to watch the posted videos!

Special thanks to everybody involved in the casting and producing of all tournament videos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So none of the TOs can make it? Damn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hollis wrote:
the thought of having to wake up at 10:00am on a Sunday makes me cringe... but I will be there

You obviously don't have kids. It's 10 AM on a Sunday right now and I've been up for 3 and a half hours.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
Thanks DbZer0 for posting up all these matches! And will the finals video also be available on your youtube channel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayeap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We start in half an hour!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aharon Verno
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Will you be posting the top 8 decklists from the tournament somewhere after the stream is complete?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The matches were awesome, the lean was a bit skewed by luck, but damn, it was great! Congrats to all!

And man, let's talk strategies instead of immediately vulturing for netdecks Anyone who wants to reveal their decklists will do so on their own prerogative

(besides, they're out of date already)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aharon Verno
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Tuism wrote:
The matches were awesome, the lean was a bit skewed by luck, but damn, it was great! Congrats to all!

And man, let's talk strategies instead of immediately vulturing for netdecks Anyone who wants to reveal their decklists will do so on their own prerogative

While they are out of date at this point they're still fun to look at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:

Decklists with few comments.
Criminal http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12066569#12066569
Weyland http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12066566#12066566
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's that. I hope you all enjoyed the games, the casts and the tournament, and I'll see you all in the league
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.