Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play a variant where each player has 2 pieces and we separate tiles into 4 equal stacks, one per piece. You draw one tile per piece and play it. It's cool the way you try to manipulate position of each piece. The last piece standing wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Hayter

Metuchen
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple pieces per player in a two-player game is certainly a good idea. Having recently played two rounds of the two-player game I found that there was too little interaction between the players. The cure would seem to be to give four pawns to each player in a two-player game or two pawns to each player for games of three or four players. Allow the player to choose which of his pieces he will extend the path of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Waldron
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Just got this game and I thought of a similar variation.

Mine was different in only a couple of respects though.

Team Tsuro (as I am dubbing it now) gives each player the same number of pieces, but each piece has separate tile stacks and is played as a single player.

So with 2 players, each could have from 2-4 pieces. With 3 or 4, each has 2.

Player pieces are given alternate turns. For 2 players, it would be
*Player 1 1st piece
*Player 2 1st piece
*Player 1 2nd piece
*Player 2 2nd piece
* etc..

One difference from the main game is in the notion of suicide. In Team Tsuro, suicide is redefined to any move which would result in the team's elimination, allowing a player's piece to sacrifice itself, if the player thinks it's the best move for the team (for instance, if it eliminates 2 opponent pieces as well). This is true even if the piece could move to save itself.

The other difference is that one player can win with multiple pieces still on the board, so long as all opponent pieces are eliminated.

As a possible handicapping factor, the stronger player could be given fewer pieces, although said handicapping would probably be severe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Betzel
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played a 2 player variant this weekend. We each took two pieces and placed them on opposing sides of the board. Then play went as usual with each of us having three tiles. On your turn you could play a tile on either of your pieces.

That's it. Very simple change but it worked out extremely well. It allowed you to focus on a single piece if you wanted, but neglecting your other piece makes it an easy target for your opponent. The real benefit is that the board is more dynamic and you can easily use one piece very aggressively while focusing on keeping the other alive.

Quite a bit of fun! We both agreed the game was far more enjoyable this way for two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rowe
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
whoa
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to do this, but with 3 pieces for each player. Makes the board more crowded and adds more decisions to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.