Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some free time tonight, and with a lot of games coming in or leaving my collection lately, I guess it's time to do inventory again.

Is this something most of you do? Just curious if it's as big of an event for other gamers as it is for me. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I keep constant inventory via BGG, it's great moment to mark new games owned (but sometimes previously owned ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
max_s wrote:
I keep constant inventory via BGG, it's great moment to mark new games owned (but sometimes previously owned ).

I usually keep up with it, but I'm really behind and I forget what my new games are. Also, I've found that I have some listed for trade that I no longer own. Yikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
with about a hundred games to keep track of and the problem that my shelves are running over, i tend to keep very accurate records of my collection on the geek in hopes of getting some good trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit behind. I am usually good adding new games that I buy, but I have traded away or sold games that I haven't updated....which sucks because now I need to walk through my entire collection to see what I still have...which is no easy chore. Games hidden away all over the house, car, garage, under the bed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borgfather wrote:
with about a hundred games to keep track of and the problem that my shelves are running over, i tend to keep very accurate records of my collection on the geek in hopes of getting some good trades.

I agree... Before a game get's placed on the shelf, I make note of it on BGG. Before it goes out of my collection (ie. shipped off) it gets marked as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My games all fit on one shelf (though if I don't repack them into smaller boxes soon I'm afraid I might start using a second one), so "inventorying" is a quick glance to see everything is where it should be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep it all up to date. I've been burned in the past agreeing to trades only to find I didn't have the game any more. I've also bought the same game twice on two occassions (LCG expansions, in both cases). BGG is the repository now, since I can no longer rely on memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been moving my gaming room. There's been a few that I said 'hey, I forgot I had gotten that one'.

But, it wasn't like I was doing a thorough inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep track of my inventory here on BGG. I only put games that I physically have in my collection on here. I also have my collection of Funko Pop! and comic books inventoried. OCD at it's finest LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Sleight
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm working on an inventory which also includes msrp for insurance purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gagnon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Graphic Designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to do that, normally I mark a new game as "owned" on BGG as soon as I buy it, often before I received it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when you mean inventory do you mean count games.. or game components?

I for one know my inventory (of games) but whenever i play i inventory components after play to ensure its complete and nothing rolled off the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
when you mean inventory do you mean count games.. or game components?

I for one know my inventory (of games) but whenever i play i inventory components after play to ensure its complete and nothing rolled off the table.

I mean I print out my Games Owned list and compare it to what I actually have on the shelf. Once in a while I miss one, or I think "Why do I still own that?!" and mark it for trade afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I buy a game, I list it and store the purchase price. When I sell a game I list it's selling price and mark it previously owned. So I pretty much keep it up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to be good about adding stuff here when the shipment arrives. I find it's part of the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I do it often. I'm going to have to do it again very soon since I lost a lot of games in a sewer backup. Bah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.