Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any rules for the War Machines? I did not see them in any scenarios or see any mention of them on the playaids or rulebook other than the Romans have 2 of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember where I read it, but I believe that some of the units included are for use with expansions that will hopefully be released in the forseeable future! I think I found this in the rulebook but I'm really not sure... unfortunately I don't have it with me to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in a note at the bottom of page 2 in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see not having any scenarios for the War Machines -- but why are there no rules on their use or info on the playaid? The system is setup for players to DYO scenarios. I'm just curious as to what their combat abilities are? Dice and Range.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Crimmins
United States
South Salem
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent point T-Mo... it would be nice if the rules for those units were included... otherwise why include them? Obviously it's a teaser for any planned expansions, but if you're going to throw them in, give us the guidelines for em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also possible, that the rules for War Machines may vary from one scenario to another.

I have no information to support this speculation. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's a good idea. Sometimes they might be "anti wall" things and other times they might be sort of that "field artillery" the Romans sometimes used for regular battles.

We have "walls", so it would be nice to have something to shoot at them.

Until GMT reveals the secret, we're on our own.

Use your imagination-- if light bows and slings shoot 3 hexes, these should shoot at least 4, maybe 5. (Not a very big map for that!) But they won't shoot large volumes of anything, so if regular shooters use 2 dice, these must be stuck with just 1. One, long-ranged shot. Hmm. But maybe they would be allowed ot shoot OVER units-- that could make it interesting.

And if anyone does get close to them, do they have enough people around them (assigned to them?) to put up a CC defense? Good question-- and possibly scenario dictated.

Can they retreat? Do they benefit from leadership?

Lots of questions-- maybe we just wait (but I hope it is not long!).

If the system were really set up for DYO, the simplest way would be to put a point value on units and let people "buy armies." Now wouldn't that be cool? Let's hope it is coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.