Hide
6 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Simple "survival" mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean_Paul Sartre
msg tools
Wondered if anyone had tried this? Video game dungeon crawlers have had this, why not boardgames? All the components are there, heroes, monsters, maps, treasures, objectives.

Could be as simple as placing an objective tile at the bottom of the tile stack and keeping score how many tiles you've survived, how many XP gained from slaying monsters, etc. I'm sure some sort of scoring system could be easily devised. Might add to re playability? Combining all 3 games into one huge metagame would multiply replayability a great deal. Would work well as solo, what about multiplayer?, I'd think a scoring system might add more competitive depth. Obviously,Competitive multi play would have to continue until last hero left standing. Scores tallied, winner declared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend of Drizzt includes this as their last scenario. I think it says you win once you've explored 12 tiles, but they put a little table on the page that you can fill in and keep a high score of how many tiles you actually explored before dying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean_Paul Sartre
msg tools
DoomTurtle wrote:
Legend of Drizzt includes this as their last scenario. I think it says you win once you've explored 12 tiles, but they put a little table on the page that you can fill in and keep a high score of how many tiles you actually explored before dying.

Ah, had not gotten to that one yet, thanks. I try not to look at the scenarios before playing them. There are three I've not played yet in LOD and just got CR last week. I've not survived a CR scenario yet. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Designer Peter Lee's variant scoring rules are here:

http://ratdorg.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/castle-ravenloft-scori...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JP_Sartre wrote:
I've not survived a CR scenario yet. blush

In my opinion it is the hardest of the three games. Although that could just be it was the first one we played and hadn't learnt any tactics yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean_Paul Sartre
msg tools
Wife and I actually won one last night, both of us had one HP left and I was poisoned. Last turn, if I didn't roll a 10+, it would have went in the "loss" column. Good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.