Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see this in the rules but the FAQ heavily implies that you spend your target lock in order to fire with a secondary weapon. See below, emphasis mine.

Q: If a ship is required to skip its "Perform Action" step, is it still allowed to perform free actions outside of the "Perform Action" step?

A: No. After spending target lock tokens to attack with a secondary weapon, he no longer has that target lock to spend for rerolling.

I was under the impression that firing with a secondary weapon is just like primary (with primary arc limitations) weapon firing. Is this just poor wording?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You spend the target lock to fire any weapon that says you spend a target lock.

This includes missiles and such at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor Terrill
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you posted the wrong Q for that A. I was really confused reading the original post. The correct one is this:

Q: If a player spends a target lock to perform an attack with a secondary weapon, is he also allowed to reroll his attack dice?

A: No. After spending target lock tokens to attack with a secondary weapon, he no longer has that target lock to spend for rerolling.

Seems pretty clear to me. Not sure what your question is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
You spend the target lock to fire any weapon that says you spend a target lock.

This includes missiles and such at this time.

More specifically, the upgrade cards Proton Torpedoes, Concussion Missiles, Cluster Missiles, and Assault Missiles all have the "ATTACK: TARGET LOCK" header, which is defined in the core rules, and each one instructs you explicitly to do something like "Spend your Target Lock and discard this card to perform this attack."

The Ion Cannon Turret, Ion Cannon, and Heavy Laser Cannon don't have the "ATTACK: TARGET LOCK" header, so you don't have to spend or even have a target lock to use them. Homing Missiles do have the header, but don't instruct you to spend the lock in order to attack--so you get to keep it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensades wrote:
I think you posted the wrong Q for that A. I was really confused reading the original post. The correct one is this:

Q: If a player spends a target lock to perform an attack with a secondary weapon, is he also allowed to reroll his attack dice?

Seems pretty clear to me. Not sure what your question is?

Yep, cut and paste from the wrong column And I was asking this since Heavy Laser Canon was on my mind, which doesn't I thought didn't require target lock to use, hence the confusion there. When reminded of missiles and such, that now makes total sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Cocquyt
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
And then there's homing missile, which requires that you have a target lock to use but does not require you to use it to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.