Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a separate BGG account for my son with the intention that I'll keep his games documented seperately. Not that I'm embarassed to admit that I own Candyland. It's just that he plays it more than I do, and it was a Christmas gift to him after all, hehe. Is this a common practice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was a gift to a kid, it's not part of my collection.

I have encouraged my kids to set up an account of their own to add their own games AND to rate the games.

The only one that has wanted to so far is my youngest. But, she's too young to have an account here (for now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to list all my games in this one account. This way someone could see that, as a gamer dad, I love Mage Knight, but I can also tolerate Gulo Gulo, while Hi-Ho-Cherry-O is too painful. It might help others pick out the least painful games by looking through my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I list all games in the family under my account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them all together. who's to say what is a kids game and what isn't. I bought king of Tokyo for my son but play it with adults sometimes as well. I play formula d with my son but with adults as well. I say keep them together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them all under mine, and try to rate them how enjoyable I find them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Minken
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Connect More to your family, friends, and community over a board game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them all in my account. Why? He's just a kid - he doesn't care!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I keep them under my account, and rate them for how well they work as a kids game (although I usually specify that in the comment). I figure rating them in this way is most helpful for other parents looking into purchasing them. For games that can appeal to both children and adults, I try to differentiate in the comment section. I'm not sure if that's the best way, but it's how I do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kali Fitzgerald
United States
Black Earth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband keeps them in his account.

I used to try and keep my account up to date, but honestly gave up. Especially since I questioned the accuracy of two people listing the same copy of a game. I'm sure others do it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

If our daughter wants her own account when she gets older, then it may change. But I don't find BGG all that kid-friendly, so I don't think it will happen for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have trouble using two accounts. Signing out of BGG is a foreign concept to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Nope. I list all games in the family under my account.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I list all games as my own. I also rate children's games based on how well it worked with my children and I mark when I play the children's games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the reason but I dont do it. I keep all games in one account, my only account. I dont have that many and its easier for me. But I can see why someone would want to do that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my son's games on separate shelves so I suppose I think of them as separate. As time goes on and he gets older, our games will most likely be the same. Château Roquefort straddles that line right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my daughter's games under my account and log her games on my account (to have an idea of how many time she request a particular game) and my husband logs our games on his account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I list most of our games in my profile.

I do not find it necessary to list a game like Candyland or Sorry in my games list on the BGG. I do not think most people who visit this site need our impressions/ratings on these games.
This is in no way a snarky comment, I just feel like this site caters to people who are deep into board games.

I one exception I will make are the nostalgia games I have, such as Stratego and Risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG account? Same as mine.

Bank account? You better believe they're separate from daddy's game budget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I also keep them all in one place, it's just easier meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
Same account. The only games I don't track are the ones buried deep in the basement that I would throw away if I ever found them.

I like tracking my kid-oriented games. It's a good measure of what my daughter likes and what she might like down the line, and since I log all my plays and I'm playing her games, it makes sense to me to log them from the same account,

Making a second account sounds like way too much work for the payoff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.