Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Granger
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if the Napoleonic 20 system could be adapted to the American Civil War at the corps level (or possibly Union corp level and Confederate division level) to simulate campaigns and/or battles.

The Great Campaigns of the American Civil War by Joe Balkoski and others is a great system but a too complicated for my taste.

The two Confederate invasions of the North by the Army of Northern Virginia might be two good starting points for an adapted system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Work has been underway at VPG to do an "ACW-20" series for a couple years now, but the designer keeps getting distracted with other projects. Not being an ACW fan, I'm not involved with the project, so I've no idea where things currently stand. Sorry.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kim Meints, Rick Barber and I recently made an aborted attempt at starting up an "ACW-20" series, but the amount of work required to do it properly was not at hand for any of us.

The good news is that veteran designer Rob Markham has submitted two Civil War battle games for a new series. These are Antietam and Seven Pines in his Burnished Rows of Steel series. The scale and ease-of-play is in the neighborhood of the Nappy 20 series, so that should fill the slot for a playable ACW games line nicely.

Stay tuned for more news!

Thanks,
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Granger
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:

The good news is that veteran designer Rob Markham has submitted two Civil War battle games for a new series. These are Antietam and Seven Pines in his Burnished Rows of Steel series. The scale and ease-of-play is in the neighborhood of the Nappy 20 series, so that should fill the slot for a playable ACW games line nicely.

Oh nice. Seven Pines is an underrepresented battle for sure. Looking forward to developments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.