msg tools
I know that with video games it's common for games to get re-released in a deluxe version after a year or so. Usually those reprints contain all of the game's expansions, sell for MUCH cheaper, or even contain exclusive content.

I'm guessing that this isn't common in the boardgaming world (especially considering that this is a fairly niche title)? If something like this is likely I'll probably hold off on purchasing for now as I'm in no rush.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is extremely rare for such editions in the board game field - especially with such a niche game.

It would be great if the expansion cases were made readily available, but I don't see that happening. Then again, I'd love to be wrong on that one.

I would strongly recommend snagging this if the possibility exists. I own the Ystari Games version and could not be happier. It is a wonderful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GOTY editions generally give you MORE at a cost that is LESS than when it came out.

This only works in the digital world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything, publishers make a sticker to put on the outside shrink of existing copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks guys; now that I think about it, it does seem unlikely.

mmesich wrote:
GOTY editions generally give you MORE at a cost that is LESS than when it came out.

This only works in the digital world.

That's a great point, haha. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.