3 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: third party pds fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J W
Canada
flag msg tools
If I have ships in a system, and a neighbor has a PDS on his planet with the deep space cannon tech, and then a third person activates the system with my ships to attack me, can the guy with the PDS fire into my system? If so, whose ships does he hit? Whose choice is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Stein
United States
Oakdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On Rules Page 11, Step 3 of the Tactical Action is PDS Fire, which says "After the active player has finished moving his ships
into the activated system, enemy PDS in range may
fire at the active player's fleet." Since all the other players are enemies, it looks like the 3rd party could fire at the Active players ships, but not at your ships in the scenario you describe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted is correct. Basically, you can think of like this: while you are the active player, it everyone against you.

First, the non-active players may fire PDSes at the active player's units present in whichever hex was activated. They may fire regardless of whether a space battle is going to occur or not. They may not fire at any other (non-active) player nor at any other hex.

The active player can then fire their PDSes at enemy units in the activated system. (They may do so even if they choose not to move ships into the activated system.)

Note that during a Transfer Action, each non-active player may fire each of their PDSes at one of the two active hexes (not both). The active player does not get PDS fire in this case (as there can be no enemies in the active hexes during a Transfer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.