Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
The new RGG copy includes the "Gangs" (+5 "most of" objective bonuses at end-game).

There are tie-breakers listed for each Gang, but no 2nd tie-breakers. What if there is still a tie after consulting 1st tie-breaker rules?

No one gets the +5 points?
Tied players get the +5 points?
Tied players split the +5 points? (round up/down?)

Silly question I know, but this MATTERS! I never, ever beat my friend at board games and our last game came down to our interpretation of this condition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
The new RGG copy includes the "Gangs" (+5 "most of" objective bonuses at end-game).

There are tie-breakers listed for each Gang, but no 2nd tie-breakers. What if there is still a tie after consulting 1st tie-breaker rules?

No one gets the +5 points?
Tied players get the +5 points?
Tied players split the +5 points? (round up/down?)

There is no second tie-breaker. Each Gang has a single tie-breaker condition. If you are still tied after the tie-breaker, then no one wins the Gang.

If you absolutely MUST have another tie-breaker, there is always fisticuffs....

brokasaphasia wrote:
Silly question I know, but this MATTERS! I never, ever beat my friend at board games and our last game came down to our interpretation of this condition...

Haha...I appreciate your enthusiasm and I empathize with your competitive spirit. But now you've sparked my curiosity. How did this particular game turn out? Which way did the score swing? Perhaps it would make a good session report here on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI...
I won because we neglected to sum the total med VALUE (I had 4 of the 2 point med kits & Brent had some 1 point pills). Still no second tie-breaker but at least this single game is settled :)

Oh, and we all had a blast playing. This is truly an interesting game so thanks to the designer and Rio for bringing us this improved version! I also own an original version that we had played in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so glad to hear that you guys are enjoying it! If sales are strong, then stay-tuned for even more fun with the Deception expansion and the other deliciousness that I have planned down the road. There's more to the AS story than you've seen thus far.

Happy Scavenging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
rainydaysteve wrote:
Just an FYI...
I won because we neglected to sum the total med VALUE (I had 4 of the 2 point med kits & Brent had some 1 point pills). Still no second tie-breaker but at least this single game is settled :)

Oh, and we all had a blast playing. This is truly an interesting game so thanks to the designer and Rio for bringing us this improved version! I also own an original version that we had played in the past.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.