Christoffer Wahlsten
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

Just a few days ago I got DC: Curse of Undeath and Sting of Lolth. Just enjoyed my first game of it with a fried, but after a while I noticed (playing the undead) that I had fewer creature cards in the deck than the number of miniatures.

Turns out the Gravehound card is missing. I checked the number of remaining sleeves I bought for the game, and yep, there was one too many left.

So I will of course contact Wizards of the Coast customer service. I am located in Sweden so I will contact English speaking European support.

Now! My question: Do any of you have any experience with the customer service? Replacing one card can't be all that much hassle for them, one would think.

I was enjoying the game so much, but now I just feel kind of bummed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlockHero wrote:
Hello everyone!

Just a few days ago I got DC: Curse of Undeath and Sting of Lolth. Just enjoyed my first game of it with a fried, but after a while I noticed (playing the undead) that I had fewer creature cards in the deck than the number of miniatures.

Turns out the Gravehound card is missing. I checked the number of remaining sleeves I bought for the game, and yep, there was one too many left.

So I will of course contact Wizards of the Coast customer service. I am located in Sweden so I will contact English speaking European support.

Now! My question: Do any of you have any experience with the customer service? Replacing one card can't be all that much hassle for them, one would think.

I was enjoying the game so much, but now I just feel kind of bummed.

Wizards has fantastic customer service history when it comes to their board games.

go to wizards.com and click on the support tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ant Brooks
South Africa
Madibeng
North West
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've yet to see a story like this (from anyone, anywhere in the world) which didn't end with "Wizards sent me a replacement [insert missing part here]".

And my one personal experience with a damaged map in a WotC product also ended in the same way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of "Blood of Gruumsh" was missing one of the Orc Archers. When I tried to see what I could do about it, the instructions said I had to mail them (yes, regular mail not e-mail!) my purchase recipt to request a replacement. Even if I had kept my receipt, it was a generic X amount receipt without product descriptions, so effectively I could have used any receipt for anything I have ever bought at that store and it would have been no more proof that I own the game or I am missing a piece. I did not even bother, I just added one Orc Archer from my collection of plastic pre-painted minis.

So my experience with WotC suppport is that the entry barrier to even request support is way, WAY higher from any other company I have ever had to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
Many, many years ago I got some mangled Magic cards in a booster. They replaced those without any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
Many, many years ago I got some mangled Magic cards in a booster. They replaced those without any problems.

The question is, what process you had to go through and would that work if the card was actually missing and you did not have a mangled card to send to them as proof that something was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have personally had great luck with Wizards customer support. A good example was the reprint of Betrayal on the hill, they sent all purchasers a completely new set of the board tiles to take care of the warping issue. A complete fix which should have cost them a fair amount of cash at zero cost to customers.

For the games I have reviewed, they have been very quick to answer any questions I had so I could get my reviews posted. I say great customer service. I can think of a couple other companies that wont replace defective game components even in extremely broken cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mansell
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I was missing a Shadowy Ambush order card from my Lolth box. Emailed WotC Customer Service and had my replacement within a week. I think that is just fantastic service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.