Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
does somebody now what is the size of the figures?
Are they compatible with Descent and/or DnD Adventure System (Ravenloft/Ashardalon)?

It is major concern for me to have all the stuff at least more or less fit together. This way I can be sure that I will get most of use of all the stuff together.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
Hello,
does somebody now what is the size of the figures?
Are they compatible with Descent and/or DnD Adventure System (Ravenloft/Ashardalon)?

It is major concern for me to have all the stuff at least more or less fit together. This way I can be sure that I will get most of use of all the stuff together.

Thanks.

Not official but looking at the pictures that we've seen so far they seem to be 28mm which is pretty standard for the miniature game quality that MERCS are going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They say the heroes are about 32mm overall,... That is actual height,.. Not measured to the eyes. Captains are bigger, then mini bosses,... Then bosses are @90mm tall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
They say the heroes are about 32mm overall,... That is actual height,.. Not measured to the eyes. Captains are bigger, then mini bosses,... Then bosses are @90mm tall.

Thanks, I am not very familiar with the exact measures of Descent/DnD.
Do you think the scales will match?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:

It sounds like they will be similar, but the MYTH heroes have a slightly more cartoony style and "heroic" features, meaning their hands, feet, heads are a bit exaggerated to show details. So a Myth hero might end up looking larger than a DnD hero even if they were the same height.

But keep in mind that the vast majority of the figs you're getting in Myth are monsters. There isn't really a right or wrong scale for arachnids, orcs, skeletons, and giant rats, so I think you'll be fine there regardless. And likewise, I don't think the Myth heroes would look out of place battling against the stuff in the Ravenloft/Ashardalon/Drizzt/Descent boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
okocnar wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

Descent, from what I've read, uses 28mm scale models, though the heroes themselves tend to be on the small side (25mm).

The KS lists the minis for Myth as 28mm heroic scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WunupKid wrote:
okocnar wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

Descent, from what I've read, uses 28mm scale models, though the heroes themselves tend to be on the small side (25mm).

The KS lists the minis for Myth as 28mm heroic scale.

Thanks, it was very informative a may, may, may move me to finally back this :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
okocnar wrote:

It sounds like they will be similar, but the MYTH heroes have a slightly more cartoony style and "heroic" features, meaning their hands, feet, heads are a bit exaggerated to show details. So a Myth hero might end up looking larger than a DnD hero even if they were the same height.

But keep in mind that the vast majority of the figs you're getting in Myth are monsters. There isn't really a right or wrong scale for arachnids, orcs, skeletons, and giant rats, so I think you'll be fine there regardless. And likewise, I don't think the Myth heroes would look out of place battling against the stuff in the Ravenloft/Ashardalon/Drizzt/Descent boxes.

This too. Thanks for nice answers guys, you are one splendid community...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.