Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Glory III» Forums » General

Subject: Would it be advisable to play Glory and Glory II first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I'm new to wargames; is it usually recommended to play through a series in sequential order, or will I be okay starting with this one?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would start with this one and i would specifically start with the intro scenario.

The intro is (Antietam) Burnside's afternoon attack across the bridge that was miraculously repulsed by AP Hill's timely arrival. It's good stuff but be advised that this is a fairly complex wargame. It's not out of control tough or huge, but it might be a bit daunting for a noob.

That all being said, get Glory III
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. There are a number of rule changes between Glory and Glory II including how retreating units are treated. Play Glory III and then go back and retrofit the most recent rules into the other two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks guys.

I actually have III sitting on my shelf as we speak, so it's nice to hear that I won't be missing out on anything by skipping the earlier titles. I think I'm going to play through a couple of lighter games before I give this one a try, though.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.