China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is from the FAQ:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Replacing Track: replacing one complex tile with another

Apparently replacing a complex tile with another costs $2. Note that you can only do this if both tracks are the ends of unfinished links.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142740
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Why both tracks should be the ends of unfinished links?
For example if we use numbers to mark hexsides starting from top,clockwise,1,2,3,4,5,6。
Now I have a tile with one complex track from 1 to 5,another track 2 to 4。
The track 1 to 5 is in the middle of a completed link between two cities。However the track 2 to 4 is an end of unfinished link。
Can I replace this tile to another for example 1 to 5(this track will not be changed) and 2 to 3(this will be changed)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds logical to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zaleski
United States
Wintersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule of thumb we always used was you had to maintain any existing track connections. So if something is connected, (i.e. from 2 to 5), then you have to maintain the 2 to 5 connection and obviously the other end of the second track that was connected.

Your right, that description was a little confusing, and definitely not how we play if it means both ends have to be open before the start of the replacement.

It seems improper though, because if a simple track exists, it's quite common to build a complex over the top of it. Again the maintain the existing connection rule applies.

But since I was taught this game 10 years ago, I haven't rule lawyered it as much as other games I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuan-Lin Xie
China
Shanghai
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Guys~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Note that you can only do this if both tracks are the ends of unfinished links.

This is incorrect.

One of the track sections must be at the end of the line and can be changed via the redirection rule for $2. The other piece of track on the tile must be maintained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.