Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just replaced the long term player for Austria in our Portland EiA campaign, and then the player for Spain dropped out. I've sent out a couple of invitations, but nobody has spoken for the position yet. Phil is playing Prussia.

Spain is in great shape, being right on target for VP, and being strong in territory. Although Spain is at war with Austria, and just lost about 100 army factors fighting in Italy, Spain is at peace with all other powers, has some alliances, and has about 100 national ships built or building, plus more Portuguese ships.

We have a maximum of about 50 months left in the game, as we are near the end of 1811. But it's likely that someone might declare victory 3 or 6 or 9 months before that, and the winner might be Spain. France and Turkey are also strong contenders.

We were hoping to be able to play this coming Sunday, but we might not be able to do that if we don't have a player for Spain. We usually play on Sundays, but not very frequently.

Let me know if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the local grognards stepped up to play Spain. We got some interest from a couple of other guys, so I think we will be able to fill any future vacancy. Thanks for the response everybody!

By the way, in a slow paced campaign like this, it seems inevitable that life will get in the way of some players being able to finish the long campaign. I guess the lesson is to try to make sure that there is a larger local gaming community around that can be a source for replacement players. We are very fortunate to have that in the Portland metro area. And about half of the players that we've had in this long campaign have been connected either directly or indirectly through BGG. What a great communication resource!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.