Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest fix for those "imbalanced" heroes: Use monster and treasure tokens. You will pray for drizzt to be on the team.
Nuff sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nelson
msg tools
mb
Deleted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Drizzt is perfect as he is. He's certainly one of the best Heroes in the game(s), but if you start house-ruling him, where do you continue? Even out Regis and Kat? Heskan and Immeril? A little "imbalance" in hero power is good for the game, in the opinion of my gaming group; and highly thematic in my opinion.
I don't want every Hero to feel the same, so I completely disagree with your thought that "all heroes should be the same in their ability", John. Mixing it up by playing a weaker hero such as Immeril in one game and a strong hero (e.g. Artemis) in the next adds variety and replay value. And since it's a cooperative game, no one is concerned about a hero stealing the spotlight or anything like that.
As for the proposed reduction in to-hit bonus from +6 to +3, I think that Drizzt would miss so many times that he would become frustrating to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
I think Drizzt is perfect as he is. He's certainly one of the best Heroes in the game(s), but if you start house-ruling him, where do you continue? Even out Regis and Kat? Heskan and Immeril? A little "imbalance" in hero power is good for the game, in the opinion of my gaming group; and highly thematic in my opinion.
I don't want every Hero to feel the same, so I completely disagree with your thought that "all heroes should be the same in their ability", John. Mixing it up by playing a weaker hero such as Immeril in one game and a strong hero (e.g. Artemis) in the next adds variety and replay value. And since it's a cooperative game, no one is concerned about a hero stealing the spotlight or anything like that.
As for the proposed reduction in to-hit bonus from +6 to +3, I think that Drizzt would miss so many times that he would become frustrating to play.
I'm with you Mike. I love having Regis or Catti being surrounded by monsters and about to take a beating, only to have Drizzt swoop in hacking and slicing, butting kicking and life saving!

Besides, it's not like he is invulnerable. I've had him take his fair share of wounds and he's come pretty close to going down and needing some saving himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nelson
msg tools
mb
Deleted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jokerrr88 wrote:

LOL and you where saying..sorry had to laugh at that.

I'm glad you like how the game plays for you and by all means play the way you want to and enjoy being the hero, but I posted to the people who think like me and see a huge flaw in a few characters to the point it makes playing other characters pointless.
Oh, I didn't know that's who you were posting to. Maybe you can label your posts like that from now on.

And I tell you, if you feel Drizzt is so overpowering, try having 2 or 3 monsters activate each time instead of one. Don't give yourself the extra XP or treasure either.

Again, I say Drizzt is pretty good, possibly the best of the characters, but he's far from invulnerable. Hell, he only has 8 hit points. I mean you do have the monsters target him from time to time don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised how anybody can think that playing other Heroes than Drizzt is "pointless". I don't think I've ever seen Drizzt dealing the type of damage Regis is with his ultimate charm power (killing 4 monsters without even rolling the die). I've never seen Drizzt exploring a dungeon and killing many foes without even being in reach (try Heskan). I've never seen Drizzt smashing a 2HP monster into a crowd and see them all exploe (try Athrogate). I've never seen Drizzt finishing off the final boss of an adventure with an unforgettable head-butt that brought himself to zero HP (Bruenor). I've never seen Drizzt kiting a whole army of monsters and calmly reaching the exit (Artemis). The list goes on and on. I recommend you try some other Heroes! They are a lot of fun once you learn how to use them. Once you do, you can utilise their strengths better in your team, as well. Some examples:

In our games, Drizzt often has to take one for the team and is - along with the fighters - the main defender of the group. For instance, if he teams up with Regis, monsters will attack Drizzt, thus enabling Regis to still be up close and personal to get his extra attack.

Drizzt and Wulfgar flanking a monster? It will attack Drizzt due to his higher AC and Twinkle. Wulfgar, in the meantime, will attack twice for a potential 4 points of damage.

Drizzt and Catti-brie? Her Quick Step will usually ensure that Drizzt is closer to a monster than she is.

When you, as the Drizzt player, find treasure, remember that you can pass it on to somebody who might need it even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nelson
msg tools
mb
Deleted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jokerrr88 wrote:

WE GET IT YOU LOVE DRIZZT!!!

My favourite Hero to play is actually Athrogate, followed by Heskan. I thought I'd share my opinion on your suggested house-rule for Drizzt and elaborate on why I do not consider him overpowered (or why it does not matter if he is). I also tried to explain that there are plenty of fun and viable options to play the game without playing Drizzt. Since this does not seem to be helpful input, I will refrain from further commenting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John, I think what you are looking at is essentially a variant dual sword wielding ranger Hero based on the concept of Drizzt but weaker. If you make him a non-Drow, you could differentiate him further by having different Utility powers.

If you "fix" Drizzt, he just wouldn't be Drizzt the epic hero anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nelson
msg tools
mb
Deleted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nelson
msg tools
mb
Deleted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jokerrr88 wrote:
Lawerence & Michael I'm happy for you guys and how you love playing your Hero Drizzt but AGAIN some of us find the Hero to be absurd and would like other options in playing the game.

I promise I would not go to a fan post of someone posting there love of Drizzt and how he is the greatest of the greatest because hey more power to the person.

John, you really invited the misunderstanding by not prefacing your OP with your reasons for nerfing Drizzt. Michael is one of many long-time genial contributors to these games. That spreadsheet was a statistic he volunteered to compile on behalf of the community for each hero's performance in the 3 solo adventures.

If you had said so in your OP and better still, posted it correctly under the Variant subforum, everybody would have understood your angle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nelson
msg tools
mb
Trust me I will never post another suggestion on this site ever again, honestly thought people could handle a simple suggestion but it seems I was sadly mistaken.

I am done with this site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jokerrr88 wrote:
Trust me I will never post another suggestion on this site ever again, honestly thought people could handle a simple suggestion but it seems I was sadly mistaken.

I am done with this site.

??

You do realize everybody's entitled to an opinion, right? One of their own, that is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Footsteps on the stairs. Sound of door slamming. Engine somewhere starting.

Silence once more fills the house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.