Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I heard that they were going to have an updated rule book? Any word on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in the works now. However I don't know when Common Man Games plans on releasing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jared!

Yes, C4 is correct.

This document is in the works.

We are working on this for two big reasons...

1. So that 1st Edition folks can download it from BGG.

and...

2. It will be the 2nd Edtion rulebook.

As for ETA...

No exact date can be mentioned now, but...

It will say that it WILL come out well BEFORE the 2nd edition arrives.

This will allow us to hear feedback on the document, and make changes if needed for the actual printing of the 2nd edition.

By the way, I am only speculating that there will actually be a 2nd edition of the game. At this point I can say that it appears HIGHLY likely that this will happen, but we need the 1st edition to sell-out before we can go to print on the 2nd edition (don't want to get ahead of ourselves).

I think you will be VERY happy when you see this revised rule-book.

Stay Tuned!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chisel Wright
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Hi Jared!
This will allow us to hear feedback on the document, and make changes if needed for the actual printing of the 2nd edition.

Who will be allowed to provide said feedback? I played the game for the first time tonight and loved the game ... but really struggled with the rulebook.

We had to make far too many judgement calls, and fight through walls of text.

Also, we had to discuss if players were actually dealt Police Cards or not ... none of us could find it explicitly mentioned anywhere in the rules.

I was seriously tempted to sit down tonight and start writing my own from scratch! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chizcw wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Hi Jared!

Who will be allowed to provide said feedback? I played the game for the first time tonight and loved the game ... but really struggled with the rulebook.

We had to make far too many judgement calls, and fight through walls of text.

Also, we had to discuss if players were actually dealt Police Cards or not ... none of us could find it explicitly mentioned anywhere in the rules.

I was seriously tempted to sit down tonight and start writing my own from scratch! shake

Did you use the 1 page set-up guide in the file section? It replaces that wall of text and allows for a clear, easy set-up and start to game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chisel Wright
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
Did you use the 1 page set-up guide in the file section? It replaces that wall of text and allows for a clear, easy set-up and start to game play.

Yes, the 1-page guide did help a lot. I still can't remember seeing 'deal X Police Cards to each player' though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chizcw wrote:
scoutmom wrote:

Yes, the 1-page guide did help a lot. I still can't remember seeing 'deal X Police Cards to each player' though.

Hi Chisel!

"Your Hired!"

As soon as I heard you say that you wanted to write your own rule book, I knew you needed to be in "The Inner Circle".

I noticed that you sent us an email earlier today, and I will reply to it soon, but please know that YOU will be involved in this process. By the way, so will ALL within the BGG community. Let me explain...

Step 1 = Finish primary graphic design stage (getting very close now)

Step 2 = CMG revises wording of rules as needed.

Step 3 = CMG & Ole discuss wording of rules and make changes as needed.

Step 4 = The Inner Circle provide feedback (this is where YOU get involved)

Step 5 = After changes are complete from IC, then "Finished" version is posted on BGG (this is where ALL get involved)

Step 6 = An Email is sent out to ALL of our editors to notify them that the rule-book is and ready for feedback.

Step 7 = Time elapses (changes are made based upon feedback)

Step 8 = Finished Product (rule-book declared "finished/final)

Step 9 = Actual Production

Ssssooo...

Let me state that this "Inner Circle" has not been specifically named yet, but will likely consist of 3-5 people who seem very capable and enthusiastic about the process.

Prior to seeing your post today and getting your email, I had one name on the list for sure, and that is Cindy. She really likes (and is good at) this sort of thing (editing a rule-book is not for everyone).

There are other very passionate fans of the game, than might be interested in doing this (Jeff Davis and a few others comes to mind), and...

We have an amazing group of editors some of whom would be happy to get involved in this particular project.

As unscientific as this might sound...

Here is...

The Inner Circle:
Cindy Nowak
Chisel Wright
Person #3!
Person #4?
Person #5??

I think cutting it off at 5 is best.

I will add names here as we run across a couple more "Inner Circle Worthy" folks.

Or should I say...

As they run across this post (and let us know of their interest).

Oh, wait, one more thing...

As to your question about Police Cards...

If you did end up dealing them to each player, then you handled that as intended. The set-up chart on page 1 indicates the actual number to deal to each player prior to beginning play (based on number of players and DC)

Thanks again Chisel!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Pierik
Netherlands
Utrecht / Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
Any progress on a new rulebook? Since I recall reading somewhere that Karl was posting something in the middle of writing it about a month ago.

Since it would be nice to have a quick overview of some common ambiguous terms, e.g. "a turn" , is that a turn for all players, of just one player.
E.g. move the stolen car or jailbreakers, one street each "turn".

Then there one card that says, "add one street punk for each emergency drawn", this might be a streetgang or the Street Riot card. I wonder if this is then only done when there is an emergency on the emergency card, or for each emergency card drawn. This can be confusing.

And it would help to have one A4 page overview with a couple of quick examples, where you would have text in the image itself refering to e.g. active player, supporting players, result in dice for handling this emergency.

Just some experiences from a 5 player game last week, things I've noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grincer wrote:

Since it would be nice to have a quick overview of some common ambiguous terms, e.g. "a turn" , is that a turn for all players, of just one player.
E.g. move the stolen car or jailbreakers, one street each "turn".

A turn is one player activating and going through his four steps: Move car, Perform Action, Draw Police Card, draw Event card. So those effects take place after each single player's turn.
The term "Turn Track" is quite confusing since the marker moves after a different number of turns depending on player number. Maybe "Round Track" would be more precise.

grincer wrote:
Then there one card that says, "add one street punk for each emergency drawn", this might be a streetgang or the Street Riot card. I wonder if this is then only done when there is an emergency on the emergency card, or for each emergency card drawn. This can be confusing.

In step 4 of his turn a player draws an Event Card. Event cards are devided into two categories:
Emergency Cards and Special Event Cards (purple).
The first time this is mentioned is in the set-up procedure where it says to only place Emergency Cards and shuffle Special Event Cards back into the deck.
I also played Street Riot wrong for the first 4 or 5 games and really started to hate it. Then I re-read it and figured you only place additional Punks when an Emergency card is drawn (NOT a Special Event Card). What a relief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.