Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I tried to search for an answer to what is a basic question, but couldn't find any.

Question:
When a hero has an armor upgrade, which die (or dice) does the hero roll for defense?

One of our heroes bought the "Leather armor", which has a brown die. Does this hero roll only the brown die, or the brown *and* grey standard one?
If it's only the brown die, what's the use of this armor in the first place as it's weaker than the standard grey the heroes get.

The only thing I could find on die rolls is on attack rolls, where you roll only what's on the item card (and since there is only one blue die *shrug*). But I can't find the rule about defensive rolls.

We choose not to use the armor at all this time, but it's nice to know for the next quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 11 has the info that you want, in the Shop Item Card Anatomy inset. Under item number 4, it states that Armor adds dice to the hero's defense pool. So, if you have Leather Armor, the brown die will be rolled in addition to any other dice that the hero has in his defense pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 11, Item Card Anatomy:

Quote:
Dice Icons: This area lists the dice associated with the item. If the item is a weapon, these dice are used when attacking with the weapon. If the item is Armor, they are added to the player’s defense pool.

Underlined the important part

edit: Bah, defeated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I knew it was somewhere, but I really couldn't find it. Was looking under attack and defense paragraphs.

Hmm, that makes additional armor pretty good. Being the Overlord, I don't like this hehe.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.