Subject: Why is Mu and More ranked, but this isn't? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know why Mu and More has a board game rank while Mu and Lots More doesn't? I know that this used to be ranked and that it was recently changed, but I'm not sure why. Mu and More contains other games besides Mu, just like Mu and Lots More, so I don't understand this. Maybe because the other games that come with Mu and Lots More have their own entries, but then is Mu and More considered the entry for Mu? Where are we supposed to rate the other games that come with Mu and More then, if not in the Mu and More entry? I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The rankings give weight to larger quantities of ratings. That's all. Mu and Lots More has a slightly higher average score but less people have rated it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's not talking about whether the rank is high or low. He's talking about the fact that this game entry doesn't have a rank at all. BGG arbitrarily ranks some entries and not others. Usually in ways that make little sense but they defend to the death as part of their system. It's got something to do with whether they consider it a "game" or an "expansion", among other factors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this seems to be a compilation of Mü and some other games that all have their own ranking. Kinda makes sense for this not to go into the ranking as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, but then Mu and More shouldn't be ranked either. This is just one of the many ranking inconsistencies on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
TrentonTron wrote:
Maybe, but then Mu and More shouldn't be ranked either. This is just one of the many ranking inconsistencies on BGG.

Maybe, but I just saw that Mu doesn't have an entry, just Mu and More. I can see how the admins made the decision they made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's correct that compilations (things that are linked as containing other things) aren't ranked. It seems that everything that Mü & Lots More contains already has separate entries. If it had new pieces that were not previously released, it could be a reimplementation so that it could be ranked (like Onirim second edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
It's correct that compilations (things that are linked as containing other things) aren't ranked. It seems that everything that Mü & Lots More contains already has separate entries. If it had new pieces that were not previously released, it could be a reimplementation so that it could be ranked (like Onirim second edition).

Mü doesn't have a separate entry, which is crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it use shared cards, or does it have a separate deck of cards that can be sold/traded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You use certain parts of the main deck for the different games.

But what I find crazy is the game of Mu itself does not have an entry. I can't rate just Mu, like I could rate any card game that uses part or all of a standard deck of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.