Sam Blomberg
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I'm new to Descent with the second edition, but I was so excited after playing several quests that I took the advice of several other BGG-ers and purchased the conversion kit. Now I'm browsing used game stores for alternative miniatures I can use!

Here's my "guide" to converting the elves from RISK: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition to Deep Elves from the Descent Conversion Kit. It really only involves carving away part of the bow and arrow into a knife, but I thought someone here might be able to apply the technique to other minis they have lying around!

My blog post: http://samblomberg.com/2013/04/20/converting-risk-elf-archer...

Final side-by-side:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the scaling? My impression was that the Risk figures were smaller than Descent, but obviously I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Blomberg
United States
flag msg tools
mb
badgermaniac wrote:
How is the scaling? My impression was that the Risk figures were smaller than Descent, but obviously I could be wrong.

After placing the elves and other small units side-by-side, I don't think it's completely unrealistic for the Runebound universe Deep Elves to be this size, especially since they're specced to be assassins. Granted, they could be bigger and still fit within "Deep Elf" parameters to me as well.

I'll let you know if my tabletop gaming group complains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.