Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How are others doing this? The book says not to move them with the ship but that causes problems.

I was thinking either do not allow them onto a ship, or move them with the ship if they are on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Page 24

'Figures on top of ships are considered to be "aboard" it and move with the ship(unless soaring).'

This creates moments when 2 figures are trying to occupy the same space.

How do others deal with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
Page 24

'Figures on top of ships are considered to be "aboard" it and move with the ship(unless soaring).'

This creates moments when 2 figures are trying to occupy the same space.

How do others deal with this?

Truth is its not come up for me.
I'd probably push the soarer along one space as though moved by the ship, just to stop two figures in the same space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thats what I was thinking, cause razorwings would be pissed if they could not fly onto the ship

So, just to be clear, you would only push it along if not doing so would cuase this issue? Or push it along always when 'aboard?' not pushing them along in my games has proven to be a serious pain, even when nothing is in the way.

It never occured to me that you had not dealt with this. Thanx for answer.

I think, just for simplicity and ease of play, aboard monsters, wether soaring or not, should probably always move with the ship. If they did not fly along with ship, they would hit the rigging anyway.laugh

This is the first issue that I have had problems with. Mostly I find that this campaign is better than RTL (the map peices, named monsters scaling). I do however, prefere it with my Kite upgrade, the rules to which I have been trying to perfect through testing.

On a side note? If one was to include outdoor encounters from RTL in SOB while on roads, do you see any game breaking issues with that? I can only think of the fact that a slightly increase in CT(or gold) as compared to ground explored, and that would not seem to be game breaking, but maybe I'm missing something. This is all the SOB campaign is missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
Thats what I was thinking, cause razorwings would be pissed if they could not fly onto the ship :)

So, just to be clear, you would only push it along if not doing so would cuase this issue?

Yes. Follow the rule where possible. This would have been an excellent FAQ question, but it seems no-one had run into this problem before, at least among people who came to the FFG or BGG communities.

Quote:
This is the first issue that I have had problems with. Mostly I find that this campaign is better than RTL (the map peices, named monsters scaling).

Well, thats unique, I think. :) Good though. I think the major issues are/were a bit deeper though, and if one isn't deeply analysing the strategic situation with the understanding that comes from experience with ACs, its possible, with a bit of luck, to sail through for w while at least, with out seeing the issues.
Hopefully they have been fixed anyway.

Quote:
On a side note? If one was to include outdoor encounters from RTL in SOB while on roads, do you see any game breaking issues with that? I can only think of the fact that a slightly increase in CT(or gold) as compared to ground explored, and that would not seem to be game breaking, but maybe I'm missing something. This is all the SOB campaign is missing.

I can't think of anything game-breaking, though I'm sort of brain fried from international travel with family right now.
I wouldn;t favour it myself just because land travel is a welcome 'relief' from the pressures in the early campaign. The last thing the heroes need is the possibility of being screwed over by an nasty early land encounter (and here are a few) after they've got away from the sea safely. Its a different story later on. But thats personal taste only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.