Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
Hi all. I'm a newbie on here, and looking for something interesting to do.

I'm an illustrator & Designer looking for a cool project to do in my spare time.

I can illustrate and design in a wide range of styles - I work in London for a great agency by day and by night I draw stuff and send it to people - sometimes they write back.

I recently did an artwork for Geek & Sundry's Tabletop starring Wil Wheaton. He liked it and it now appears on the show - it was also on the awesome Tabletop Day Live event show.

http://www.waynedorrington.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/is-wil-whe...

So if you have something you think I can help with, let me know. I'm not looking for fees or anything - maybe just a copy of any game I help with?

Never designed game artwork before, but I know my way around the sharp end of a mouse.

Hope to hear from you soon game designers!

Wayne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All designs I have are in prototype phases. Would you be willing to do something for a game that may not ever see the light of day or rethemed to no longer use any art? I could use a good drawing for my [thing=107669][/thing] village board, found in the pictures if the game's page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maja Stanislawska
Finland
VANTAA
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving. Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested, offer your services at www.yucata.de - a great website for online boardgamers.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Scott! Looking like a great boardgame so far! Nice work. I think though I'd rather find a project where I could help with an overall style from the ground up - but hey many thanks for contacting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
xenotime wrote:
If you're interested, offer your services at www.yucata.de - a great website for online boardgamers.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! Will check it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Wayne,

I don't know if you have any interest in American football, but End Zone could desperately use someone with some artistic vision and talent. In my post I describe the game as hunchback-ugly, which I think is accurate. No worries either way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic DiGital
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a mafia-themed card game that your style would be perfect for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic DiGital
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
End Zone looks interesting. Gonna print it out and give it a whirl. Would be curious to see the theming of it as a futuristic version of football or something to set it apart from all the other football games out there. I just started playing (and really loving) 1st and Goal, and End Zone seems to have a few similarities (unintentional, I'm sure) in how it approaches gameplay. Blood Bowl has the fantasy theming pretty much locked up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
VicDigital wrote:
I'm working on a mafia-themed card game that your style would be perfect for.

Hi!

Sounds interesting. Can you message me with any more info?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
Matthew_Eklund wrote:
Hi Wayne,

I don't know if you have any interest in American football, but End Zone could desperately use someone with some artistic vision and talent. In my post I describe the game as hunchback-ugly, which I think is accurate. No worries either way!

Hi!

Yeah it does need some creative love - but the game sounds cool. I guess it needs some kind of style direction. How about an apocalyptic future style? Maybe with some hint of mutant or zombies?

Message me and we'll talk more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a free print and play game right now, a revamping of a paragraph-driven game I designed last summer (the original is here Bionic). The new version uses a custom deck of cards (instead of dice) to resolve everything and my current prototype is bare of graphics and design.

The cards themselves well need some design attention (both symbols, and icons, graphics and layout) and the layout of the paragraph book will also need a graphical eye turned to it (although that's a later stage, as much writing needs to be done first!)

The game is set is a future-punky universe with megacorps, flying cars, space travel and importantly augmentations (think Deus Ex). I intend to keep expanding it and adding more adventures and tales, and the core is being designed to be a modular "conflict resolution" system (so I can use it to make more Board-Driven instead of story-book driven games).

Anyway, if you have any interest in checking it out I can send you my current in-progress draft of the prologue (which is going to be a learn to play adventure) and the prototype cards.

Jessey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
Candi wrote:
I'm working on a free print and play game right now, a revamping of a paragraph-driven game I designed last summer (the original is here Bionic). The new version uses a custom deck of cards (instead of dice) to resolve everything and my current prototype is bare of graphics and design.

The cards themselves well need some design attention (both symbols, and icons, graphics and layout) and the layout of the paragraph book will also need a graphical eye turned to it (although that's a later stage, as much writing needs to be done first!)

The game is set is a future-punky universe with megacorps, flying cars, space travel and importantly augmentations (think Deus Ex). I intend to keep expanding it and adding more adventures and tales, and the core is being designed to be a modular "conflict resolution" system (so I can use it to make more Board-Driven instead of story-book driven games).

Anyway, if you have any interest in checking it out I can send you my current in-progress draft of the prologue (which is going to be a learn to play adventure) and the prototype cards.

Jessey

Hi!

Sounds cool! Yeah send it on over and I'll check it out. Looking forward to seeing it. You can email it via waynedoz@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I love some of your previous work - I had noticed the TableTop image a few days ago in one of Wil's videos. It is glorious.

Are you really sure you're willing to open Pandora's Box by offering free (or almost free) artwork? Expect to be inundated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
anomander64 wrote:
Wow! I love some of your previous work - I had noticed the TableTop image a few days ago in one of Wil's videos. It is glorious.

Are you really sure you're willing to open Pandora's Box by offering free (or almost free) artwork? Expect to be inundated.

Hi Craig!

Hey thanks - glad you liked the Tabletop illustration.

Yeah I'm cool with all this - it's something I want to do. I love gaming and have wanted to help people make them for ages. I have a good job as it is, but wanted something to do in my spare time to help the community.

I'm already oversubscribed! But I'm still listening to ideas and hope to help as many people as I can - it may just take time to get to them.

That if people like what I do of course! May turn out I'm good at humorous illustrations but not illustrating games!

Thanks again

Wayne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Waynedoz wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Hi Craig!

Hey thanks - glad you liked the Tabletop illustration.

Yeah I'm cool with all this - it's something I want to do. I love gaming and have wanted to help people make them for ages. I have a good job as it is, but wanted something to do in my spare time to help the community.

I'm already oversubscribed! But I'm still listening to ideas and hope to help as many people as I can - it may just take time to get to them.

That if people like what I do of course! May turn out I'm good at humorous illustrations but not illustrating games!

Thanks again

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Glads to hear it. You should definitely be applauded for such a magnanimous gesture, especially coming from someone with your obvious talents, I'm astounded you can spare the time.

I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work appearing on many boardgames (despite my overwhelming jealously at your talent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone spare some geekgold to help Wayne get an avatar? I've given 16 so just about that much more and he can be sporting a nice new avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Low-res (very much smaller than original) beautiful cover art by Wayne Dorrington for Ibyron board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And more work from Mr. Dorrington:
for the Village board of Ibyron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torrey T
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Hi Wayne, Are you still looking for projects? Because I'm looking for art. I'm working on a push your luck dice game that will be

* relatively quick to play (20-30 minutes)
* suitable for kids (I've got 4 sons < 10 yrs old)
* have a fantasy theme (dragons, magic)
* have the ability to level and customize your character

And I'm on the lookout for an artist to work with on the project, for things like a logo, images of enemies and magic weapons, as well as dice icons. I don't have any art yet at this point, so I'm trying to come up with a theme. Would this be up your alley?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Dorrington
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
designer
Hi! I've currently got 5 projects on the go. When I get through some of them, I'll give you a shout and see if you still need help.

Thanks!

Wayne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torrey T
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply Wayne, good luck on your current projects!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to get added to the end of that list? I realize you've got a ways to go with those already on there, but I'd love to discuss another with you when you have some time.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.