Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: CSI Daily Deal - I Am Vlad ($29.99) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian L
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom didn't like it.
You might!

MSRP - $90
Daily Deal - $29.99 (20+ Available)

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/184287

BGG Link: I Am Vlad
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
is there a price point that the components would be worth picking it up? 14.99?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just rub that salt a little deeper into the wound of the Indiegogo campaign supporters who forked out $105 for this.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do. Not. Want.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zautman wrote:
Just rub that salt a little deeper into the wound of the Indiegogo campaign supporters who forked out $105 for this.



95% of the reason why I barely use kickstarter, unless it's a good value from something I know will most likely like/want (ie Small world races, Dungeon roll)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zautman wrote:
Just rub that salt a little deeper into the wound of the Indiegogo campaign supporters who forked out $105 for this.

Ouch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's 3 listed ebay sales defunct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a huge warning sign. I've seen this pattern multiple times as a strong warning sign in other games: Lots of '10' ratings, but all are from Romania (in this case), none of the raters have been around BGG long enough to even have an avatar, and not a single rating has any comment whatsoever:
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The current rating comes out to about 6.2 (mean) if you exclude the 10s.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Freeman
United States
El Cajon
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But this isn't a daily deal. CSI doesn't do the daily sales on the weekends and Friday's was Dust Tactics. So is this their regular price?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ObeyMyBrain wrote:
But this isn't a daily deal. CSI doesn't do the daily sales on the weekends and Friday's was Dust Tactics. So is this their regular price?

Not daily deal. Just "regular sale". Maybe it will be on sale as long as Leonardo. I.e. forever.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolmew wrote:
The current rating comes out to about 6.2 (mean) if you exclude the 10s.

To be fair, every game goes down if you exclude the 10s. The current average rating is 7.2, so going down to 6.2 without 10s is no big surprise.

But if you look at avg rating simply excluding Romania and unspecified countries, it's 5.7. gulp
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
It's always a good sign when higher Indiegogo pledge levels simply give you more copies of the base game.

If I would have known perhaps I would have considered pledging at the highest level, $640 for 8 copies of the game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is garbage. I bought it for a lot, played it ...or rather tried to play it with 3 others at Tennessee Game days.

Luckily I was able to resell it for what I paid for it.

Worst game I played in ages. Rules badly written and even after investing all the time to try to get everything rolling properly, most actions didn't seem to make any kind of game sense. You would fight werewolves and lose half your hit points on one of your three characters to earn enough gold to heal the guy partially back to where he started from.

Going to the middle of the board only works if you make it around the entire board and fight at each of 4 gates. This is only possible if you fight your way through the guy to your right, then the guy to his right, then the guy to his right. If by some weird miracle you were able to make it into the middle, it would let you put some ridiculous minor curse on someone else that bled away a hit point or two every turn.

If you spend a while going to the outer edges of the board you can make events happen that effect you just as much as the other players, so what is the point of making them happen? Mixed in the deck of useless events is a single healing potion or spell, if you wanted to spend half the game diving for it while others were creeping up on you to whack you from behind.

Let me go make sure I rated this no higher than 3.

NOT worth it even at $29 or whatever. Give this one a pass. Maybe the plastic would be fun for the little ones to gnaw on if you could pick it up for 9.99, but that would be the only way I would ever re-acquire this boat anchor of a game.

edit: if all those shill votes rate this a 10, I am going to make sure I have it rated at a 1 as a counter-measure. Not much of a stretch for me to drop it from a 3 to a 1 anyway, so nobody get real excited about this protest vote. thanks.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, if you peel the onion on those '10' ratings, here is the number of other games rated by each person:

0 by RealWallachianGames (account for the publisher)
3 by cosmin augustin (Escape: The Curse of the Temple=1, Let's Pumpkin=10, Rune Wars=5)
1 by Lukolas (Dacii si romanii=8.2, an old Romanian game with a total of 6 ratings)
0 by alinkoche
3 by Gufmeister (all 10s)
1 by kreatwar (Let's Pumpkin=10)
0 by dr4g0nblade
0 by DarkOne
0 by alexinho28
0 by tibytza
0 by DDThomas
0 by CurMurdar
10 by treapsorel (all 10s)
0 by gabridoom

From an information theory perspective, there is no information there at all. The anti-shill system should trivially be able to ignore these.

So what the heck is this "Let's Pumpkin" game??? It looks like the designer of that is the main artist for... wait for it... I Am Vlad.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
BTW, if you peel the onion on those '10' ratings, here is the number of other games rated by each person:

0 by RealWallachianGames (account for the publisher)
3 by cosmin augustin (Escape: The Curse of the Temple=1, Let's Pumpkin=10, Rune Wars=5)
1 by Lukolas (Dacii si romanii=8.2, an old Romanian game with a total of 6 ratings)
0 by alinkoche
3 by Gufmeister (all 10s)
1 by kreatwar (Let's Pumpkin=10)
0 by dr4g0nblade
0 by DarkOne
0 by alexinho28
0 by tibytza
0 by DDThomas
0 by CurMurdar
10 by treapsorel (all 10s)
0 by gabridoom

From an information theory perspective, there is no information there at all. The anti-shill system should trivially be able to ignore these.

So what the heck is this "Let's Pumpkin" game??? It looks like the designer of that is the main artist for... wait for it... I Am Vlad.



I hear he is designing the expansion for Vlad called "I Am Pumpkin: Prince of Halloween".
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the laugh!laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
BTW, if you peel the onion on those '10' ratings, here is the number of other games rated by each person:

0 by RealWallachianGames (account for the publisher)
3 by cosmin augustin (Escape: The Curse of the Temple=1, Let's Pumpkin=10, Rune Wars=5)
1 by Lukolas (Dacii si romanii=8.2, an old Romanian game with a total of 6 ratings)
0 by alinkoche
3 by Gufmeister (all 10s)
1 by kreatwar (Let's Pumpkin=10)
0 by dr4g0nblade
0 by DarkOne
0 by alexinho28
0 by tibytza
0 by DDThomas
0 by CurMurdar
10 by treapsorel (all 10s)
0 by gabridoom

From an information theory perspective, there is no information there at all. The anti-shill system should trivially be able to ignore these.

So what the heck is this "Let's Pumpkin" game??? It looks like the designer of that is the main artist for... wait for it... I Am Vlad.


this is garbage! someone ought to link to this thread for the main game forums ... I see the fake ratings is hinted at but no solid data.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
glookose wrote:
This game is garbage. I bought it for a lot, played it ...or rather tried to play it with 3 others at Tennessee Game days.

Luckily I was able to resell it for what I paid for it.

Worst game I played in ages. Rules badly written and even after investing all the time to try to get everything rolling properly, most actions didn't seem to make any kind of game sense. You would fight werewolves and lose half your hit points on one of your three characters to earn enough gold to heal the guy partially back to where he started from.

Going to the middle of the board only works if you make it around the entire board and fight at each of 4 gates. This is only possible if you fight your way through the guy to your right, then the guy to his right, then the guy to his right. If by some weird miracle you were able to make it into the middle, it would let you put some ridiculous minor curse on someone else that bled away a hit point or two every turn.

If you spend a while going to the outer edges of the board you can make events happen that effect you just as much as the other players, so what is the point of making them happen? Mixed in the deck of useless events is a single healing potion or spell, if you wanted to spend half the game diving for it while others were creeping up on you to whack you from behind.

Let me go make sure I rated this no higher than 3.

NOT worth it even at $29 or whatever. Give this one a pass. Maybe the plastic would be fun for the little ones to gnaw on if you could pick it up for 9.99, but that would be the only way I would ever re-acquire this boat anchor of a game.

edit: if all those shill votes rate this a 10, I am going to make sure I have it rated at a 1 as a counter-measure. Not much of a stretch for me to drop it from a 3 to a 1 anyway, so nobody get real excited about this protest vote. thanks.


Funniest. Post. Ever!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.