David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dancer

Play a ware car with 3 wares and return any 3 wares of your choice to the supply. The ware card costs no further action. Take as much gold from the bank as is shown by the selling price on the ware card.

Ok, when I do this, do I get to also place the wares onto my supply that are represented by the card I'm playing?

That is, let's say I have three salts on my supply card. I have 4 move markers left. I have 10 gold.

I play the Dancer, and discard the "two trinkets and a fruit" card. (cost 4, sell 11).

How much gold would I have? What would I have on my supply card? How many turns would I have left?

I'm questioning whether I'd be able to swap out the salt, and put in the two trinkets and a fruit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
You would have 3 moves left; discarding the ware card is part of the action when playing the Dancer card.

You would have nothing on your supply card.

You would have 21 gold.

Basically, when you discard the ware card, you ignore everything on the card except for the sale price.

- d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You play the Dancer (1 action / 3 left)

As part of Dancer, you

*discard the 2 trinkets/1 fruit card (free as part of dancer)
*return 3 salt from your market (you call it supply card) to the general supply (piles between the players)
*gaining 11 gold (indicated on the ware card

That is the end of that move/action and you have 3 more actions left this turn and 21 gold. No more wares in your market (supply card).

So to answer your question - no you do not get the wares as that would be purchasing supplies which is not what the Dancer lets you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme explanation:

A customer comes to your stand and says...

"I would like to buy 2 bracelets and some of your fruit..."

You say...

"Yes! Let me get that for you. Why don't you sit and watch this very voluptuous and beautiful dancer as I prepare the order. "

The gentleman gets the equivilant of the modern lap dance (very hard to ignore), you stuff a crap load of salt into his bag....
and say....

"There you are sir... enjoy your jewlery and fruit!"

He walks of and doesn't realize he has 10 pounds of salt until much later... at which point he thinks.. well at least that chic was hot.... and goes about his business.

Ta-Da!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
Theme explanation:

A customer comes to your stand and says...

"I would like to buy 2 bracelets and some of your fruit..."

You say...

"Yes! Let me get that for you. Why don't you sit and watch this very voluptuous and beautiful dancer as I prepare the order. "

The gentleman gets the equivilant of the modern lap dance (very hard to ignore), you stuff a crap load of salt into his bag....
and say....

"There you are sir... enjoy your jewlery and fruit!"

He walks of and doesn't realize he has 10 pounds of salt until much later... at which point he thinks.. well at least that chic was hot.... and goes about his business.

Ta-Da!

Thanks, that actually helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. A corollary to real life:

I was reading a book on the history of financial markets and came to a passage regarding the saying "letting the cat out of the bag". According to my book, this saying came from medieval markets.

The old markets would be conducted as a moving fair. Towards the end, when the show would be getting ready to move, the merchants would sometimes do similar stuff to the dancer to their customers.

Most notable, a customer would go to a pig merchant and buy a live piglet to take home. When the customer wasn't looking(perhaps a dancer was involved ), the merchant would pull a switcheroo from a piglet to an stray cat, handing the customer a burlap sack with the animal.

When the customer returned home, he would let the "cat out of the bag" realize he had one angry cat rather than the pig he purchased. But by then, the merchant had moved and it was too late to get his money back !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
generalpf wrote:
They should've had Richard Garfield create the card text. It would have been much clearer.

Actually I disagree. back in Garfield's day, some Magic cards have novella-length text on them, in tiny print. It is only in the latter half of Magic's life that Wizards really cleaned up the text on cards, long after Mr G had a hand in that kind of thing.

And for the record, I don't believe you would need to wait till you opened a sack to find out you had an angry cat inside it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.