Philipp Kolhoff
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I'm from the german based studio KING Art and we started a Kickstarter Campaign for our turn-based strategy game Battle Worlds: Kronos. One of the rewards we offer is a small card game that features the 40 different units from the game. The cards itself can be used in three different ways: as ingame reference, top-trumpish-like game or as a strategic card game.

As a long term BGGeek, I really want share that info with you, "my community". But as I always just have been more of a "read-only" guest, I'm not sure, if this is the right place for it. It is less meant to be advertisement for our video game (even though you would like it, because its turn-based and very boardgamish...) but to tell you about the card game that is an optional reward during the kickstarter campaign.

The card game is developed by Lukas Zach and Michael Palm, the authors of some great board and card games like Die Zwerge and The Castle of the Devil. I try to help them with getting the essence of the video game into the card game, as I am a zero hour designer of Battle Worlds: Kronos. So we really think it will be a solid card game.

What do you (more as a board gamer, less as video gamer that you also may be) think of a card game as a reward for a video game? Is it a dissipated opportunity or a nice crossover to release a card game "just" as a reward?

If you want to read more about me or the card game and their authors, head over to the last two updates we recently did on those topics.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/battle-worl...

Regards,
Philipp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.