Seastrike» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship heading and SSM Direction of Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doudee
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
I bought this game and I have a two questions.

Ship heading:
At the end of the movement, ship must head in the direction of motion (Movement Indicator), or you can turn the ship after in any direction?

Direction of Fire:
In the rules is for firing SSM: “any direction, so long as line from [symbol - Fire control equipment] to [symbol - Fire control equipment] does not cross [symbol - Fire control equipment] and [symbol – Propulsion machinery] on a ship counter”

This means that the SSM can only shoot forward and to the side, not on the stern (through [symbol – Propulsion machinery])?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions - been a while since I read the rules...

Ship heading - rule 1.5.5.2 - if you are using a "turning" maximum move your ship can end with any heading (ie facing in any direction) see example on page 7.

Arc of fire - depend on the ship.. see rule 2.6.3 and the ship counters.
eg if the ship had only a ssm box in the "a" gun position (forward of the propulsion and fire control)) then it could fire to either side and forward but not directly astern (behind) as that would be through the fire control and propulsion symbols.
If the SSM symbol was to the starboard (right) of the fire control and propulsion symbols then it could fire mostly forward, anywhere on the right and mostly back - only major limits would be that arec of the port (left) side obscured by the fire control and propulsion symbols.

I hope that helps.

all the best

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doudee
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.