Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
yesterday I played the 4th multiplayer tutorial scenario of this game. We had a lot of fun playing it, but I have a couple of questions about the game.

1. In this scenario, the IPS lines are supposed to be used, so we used all of them, apart from those in the character cards that could not be used, for example Nick Bolter's one, that needs Morale Points (we weren't using Morale Points), but we used the others, like the Doctor ability to raise zombies, or Vasquez's ability to "charme" Frank Einstein.
At the end of the scenario, though, we realized that there are some of the following scenarios with the "face" symbol, and by checking it we saw that this symbol meant "Character Special Abilities".
So, the Character abilities should or shouldn't be used in the 4th scenario?

2. In a team play, how the rules for duels are used?
It's quite clear that all players can duel for initiative, but can players from the same team duel for interruption?
I don't think so, because this kind of interruction demands for a defensive action (like running away) or an offensive action (like shooting before being shooted), but I'm not sure about it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gixx wrote:
Hi there,
yesterday I played the 4th multiplayer tutorial scenario of this game. We had a lot of fun playing it, but I have a couple of questions about the game.

1. In this scenario, the IPS lines are supposed to be used, so we used all of them, apart from those in the character cards that could not be used, for example Nick Bolter's one, that needs Morale Points (we weren't using Morale Points), but we used the others, like the Doctor ability to raise zombies, or Vasquez's ability to "charme" Frank Einstein.
At the end of the scenario, though, we realized that there are some of the following scenarios with the "face" symbol, and by checking it we saw that this symbol meant "Character Special Abilities".

Character IPS lines should NOT be used in that scenario. It's not very clear, but I think the distinction is Board IPS lines versus Character Abilities.

gixx wrote:

It's quite clear that all players can duel for initiative, but can players from the same team duel for interruption?
I don't think so, because this kind of interruction demands for a defensive action (like running away) or an offensive action (like shooting before being shooted), but I'm not sure about it.

Dueling for Interruption should be a side-vs.-side affair, so two NORAD players could not interrupt each other. That would throw the balance of the game off, allowing the allied players to "split" actions at the mere cost of a single CP for the interrupter.

If a character could be interrupted by enemy characters belonging to two different players, the opposing players could decide quickly between them who would duel first when the opportunity presented itself. Regardless of the success or failure of that duel, the other could then duel as well - So be very careful of taking actions where multiple enemies can see you, as they will ALL get an opportunity to try to interrupt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shidara wrote:
gixx wrote:
Hi there,

Character IPS lines should NOT be used in that scenario. It's not very clear, but I think the distinction is Board IPS lines versus Character Abilities.

That's what we figured out at the end... However I think that IPS on the cards were supposed to be used too (there are mines, night goggles, zombie serum, etc. etc. in this scenario).
The match ended when Frank Einstein was "charmed" by Vasquez on his way to the Generator Room, where Nick Bolter was keeping his position on the generator switch to avoid the missile activation, even though I think that the Salemite would not be able to move Nick Bolter from this spot, I can't confirm that.

Quote:
gixx wrote:

Dueling for Interruption should be a side-vs.-side affair, so two NORAD players could not interrupt each other. That would throw the balance of the game off, allowing the allied players to "split" actions at the mere cost of a single CP for the interrupter.

If a character could be interrupted by enemy characters belonging to two different players, the opposing players could decide quickly between them who would duel first when the opportunity presented itself. Regardless of the success or failure of that duel, the other could then duel as well - So be very careful of taking actions where multiple enemies can see you, as they will ALL get an opportunity to try to interrupt!

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.