Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
372 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Aussie Mid Year Maths Trade 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The MT is now running. Check the link below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/156213/aussie-mid-year-mat...

Cheers!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Auctioning (Almost) All The Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be in bad taste to restart the "seller vs buyer pays shipping" debate again? ninjawhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, go ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gerald wrote:
Would it be in bad taste to restart the "seller vs buyer pays shipping" debate again? ninjawhistle
Never in bad taste, though any changes can only affect future maths trade, not the active one.

There is value to everyone in teaming up for sending and receiving of goods between cities, even if via bordercon. If everyone works together we all minimise our collective costs allowing us all to buy more games should we choose.

FYI, notwithstanding satchels, crushable as they are, remain strongly recommended against for shipping of games as all recipients expect to receive their traded items in pristine condition (repeated again):

AusPost ClickAndSend (max weight 15kg), flat rate Australia wide if required, as guide to cost (including box, packing materials, postage). Same rate to send from Townsville QLD to Kalgoorlie WA or Brisvegas QLD. Free online tracking included, add $2.95 for signature on delivery. There is no reason to pay or charge more:

Box Width Depth Height Post Cost Box Cost C&S Code
Bx1 220mm 160mm 77mm $7.15 $1.75 00069
Bx2 310mm 225mm 102mm $11.70 $2.35 00076
Bx4 430mm 305mm 140mm $15.05 $3.20 00090

For the person sending, they need to register. Their interface will infuriate the hell out of technically competent people. and you will need to enter one of the promo codes:
B1: 00069, B2: 00076, B4: 00090 and hit

Search

(Using example of 00090 B4) It will then auto fill details such as:
Packaging type

AP/eBay FLAT RATE Bx4 Box
Weight

15.000 kg
Length

43.00 cm
Width

30.50 cm
Height

14.00 cm

If you do that it will then give you the promo pricing as well as fill in the dimensions.
Pricing will appear once you select.

Search available services .

* Prices effective April 8, 2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a question about click-n-send. I registered a while ago, when I had a few parcels to send and I was having trouble getting to the post office during business hours (I work full time and commute by bus). I figured click-n-send was something that would allow me to pay the postage online and print out something to stick on the parcel so I could put it in a postbox and never have to see a postal worker...

When I got to the end of the process, the part where you choose your payment method, the options were; pay in person at a post office, or pay by credit card and send by courier. I didn't really want to involve a courier and couldn't see an option for pay by credit card and chuck it in a postbox, so I ended up driving accross town to a postoffice that's open on a Saturday, since I couldn't get to one during business hours.

I assume others here have used click-n-send before. Had I done something in my earlier selections that had limited me to using a courier (or postoffice)? Or if I had clicked the courier option, would it actually have given me somthing to print and put on my parcel so I could post it in a post box (and not actually need a courier, as the wording implied)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:
I've got a question about click-n-send. I registered a while ago, when I had a few parcels to send and I was having trouble getting to the post office during business hours (I work full time and commute by bus). I figured click-n-send was something that would allow me to pay the postage online and print out something to stick on the parcel so I could put it in a postbox and never have to see a postal worker...
Actually, you have not done anything unusual, and for the life of me, I cannot find anything to allow payment at post office. There are no facilities for this service to be used for drop in a post box and given that it includes tracking, the lodgement method either by pickup or dropoff seems logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's because of the embedded tracking: they need to confirm lodgement, which can't happen if you just drop it in a postbox. So, you either hand it over at an AusPost office (and pay there), or you pay online and get a courier to pick it up. With either of those options, your printed-out-and-stuck-on paperwork gets scanned and recorded as "lodged".

One trap for the unwary: it seems to take a little while (up to an hour?) for your online-processing to hit the main system. I've had a couple of cases where I've printed out the docket and taken the box straight to the local AusPost, only to find I had to wait a few minutes before the number showed up on their system :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I see. My mistake was in thinking that the point of click-n-send was to do it all on line and not have to go to a postoffice. I misinterpreted the service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Tegs wrote:
Cool, I see. My mistake was in thinking that the point of click-n-send was to do it all on line and not have to go to a postoffice. I misinterpreted the service.

I think the assumption is that boxes won't fit into a post box anyway, but you can use it that way for smaller items.

Flat rate satchels (or prepaid satchels) can be dropped into a post box rather than lodged.

There is a limit to what you can safely pack in one but it's a reasonable option for a small game: just put it inside a box and the put that box into the satchel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
I think the assumption is that boxes won't fit into a post box anyway, but you can use it that way for smaller items.

Flat rate satchels (or prepaid satchels) can be dropped into a post box rather than lodged.
What uncaring lowlife cheapass scumbag is even contemplating using satchels for board games ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:

Yes, it's not about convenience at all, it's about paying the fixed price. I lug my games to post on the bus as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:
What uncaring lowlife cheapass scumbag is even contemplating using satchels for board games ?

Don't tell me you are taking your tirade with srand across to here too! He said put it in a box then put it in a satchel. Why I don't know. but enough with the vitriol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
I think it's because of the embedded tracking: they need to confirm lodgement, which can't happen if you just drop it in a postbox. So, you either hand it over at an AusPost office (and pay there), or you pay online and get a courier to pick it up. With either of those options, your printed-out-and-stuck-on paperwork gets scanned and recorded as "lodged".

One trap for the unwary: it seems to take a little while (up to an hour?) for your online-processing to hit the main system. I've had a couple of cases where I've printed out the docket and taken the box straight to the local AusPost, only to find I had to wait a few minutes before the number showed up on their system :-)

You can also pay online first and lodge later at a post office. That's what I primarily do, don't think the postoffice likes me though because I don't think they receive any money from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuie wrote:
You can also pay online first and lodge later at a post office. That's what I primarily do, don't think the postoffice likes me though because I don't think they receive any money from me.

It's OK. They get the same whether it is click & send or normal post. I checked because I use the same place frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Erin received Mord im Arosa (15x15x15cm cube) packed nicely in a box, which was sent in a satchel. It worked perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Chuie wrote:

It's OK. They get the same whether it is click & send or normal post. I checked because I use the same place frequently.

So they dislike Eric for some completely different reason? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Interesting, my local post office agency was not aware of that. Unless there are different rules for agencies and official post offices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Chuie wrote:

Interesting, my local post office agency was not aware of that. Unless there are different rules for agencies and official post offices.

They may also hope to make something from sales of boxes and packing materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innocent Bystander wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Chuie wrote:

So they dislike Eric for some completely different reason? devil

Maybe it's my face.

I do rotate my lodging between 3 local POs and none of the seem particularly happy when I told them I've paid online already. Maybe they don't know they do get paid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Testing the code-posting code while looking after rhinovirus-ridden kiddies. Expecting Mr Cockup to visit; Please let me know via Geekmail if you see any weirdness like double posts
KTHXBAI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not at home to Mr Cockup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, we're getting near the pointy end. If you're a n00b I recommend you very soon go over to mr_lunch's site here:

http://zincgames.com/bgg/mt/

and create yourself an account and check out what his tool can do. At the moment it's crapping out on Chrome for me (and he's doing home renovations instead of fixing it) but it's working under Firefox.

At the very least, go through the list and either thumb things you're interested in or add them to your BGG wish list. mr_lunch will be able to see that, and will help you build your want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
Hey guys, we're getting near the pointy end. If you're a n00b I recommend you very soon go over to mr_lunch's site here:

http://zincgames.com/bgg/mt/

and create yourself an account and check out what his tool can do. At the moment it's crapping out on Chrome for me (and he's doing home renovations instead of fixing it) but it's working under Firefox.

At the very least, go through the list and either thumb things you're interested in or add them to your BGG wish list. mr_lunch will be able to see that, and will help you build your want list.

Does anyone know how to make it update? It's a great tool, but it seems to use old info (e.g. it says I have Survive! on my wishlist... I used to, but I don't anymore... ditto for items I've thumbed on this GL)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to Edit Account:

http://zincgames.com/bgg/mt/useredit.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yep. Collection links are on there. Thumbs are cached so we don't hit the BGG server so hard, so if time is of the essence for you, add the game to a want or wish list and refresh your collection.

EDIT: If you're new, click the Help button at the top left for some starter points. If you're not new, try hovering (if you're not on a touch screen) over things for extra info. Note that the Save button now has a horrid modal OK box when you use it. If you don't see that, it probably didn't save!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.