Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, I have Green Crystal craft and I have three blue crystals in my bag already, can I flip Green crystal craft just to gain the green mana token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and if I understand your question correctly, you also get a blue mana token. Anytime you receive a crystal of a color that you already have 3 crystals of, you get a mana token of that color instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure, you also get the BLue crystall, but you should use it, because you can only have 3 crystalls at the end of your turn.
If you get more during a turn you just use them as mana tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just don't put the blue into my bag, I put it out like a token? *boggle*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can convert crystals to mana at any time. So, even if this rule weren't in the rulebook (which it is), you could still convert one of your blue crystals to blue mana first (you don't have to use it for anything yet), and then use the skill to gain a blue crystal to replace it. Now you have 3 blue crystals (in your inventory), and 1 blue mana token (which will disappear at the end of your turn if you don't use it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
So I just don't put the blue into my bag, I put it out like a token? *boggle*

Just take a look at the "gain effects" section of the rulebook - number 2:

Quote:
If an effect tells you to gain a crystal,take a mana token of the corresponding color and put it in your Inventory. If you already have three crystals of that color, gain a mana token of that color to your Play area instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you don't put that 4th crystal in your backpack. Somewhere in the rulebook is a bit of flavour text suggesting the crystals are unstable in high concentrations. Your Mage Knight figurine will certainly explode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.