GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not satisfied stuffing my game into the two expansion boxes so, here is a cheap and easy way to organize the game in the original box, and have PLENTY of space left over for future expansions.



The normal sports card boxes won't fit 7 Wonders cards, so I took a one (800 size) flattened it out, and cut the lid off leaving a section of the main base with it. Be sure to leave the "tuck flaps" on box the sections. Only make the one cut as shown below by a red line. (Sorry this box is not flattened out)



You will want to trim the two side flaps (the same red line, and the edge parallel to it), before gluing, to fit into your game box, otherwise your lid will not sit flush. I did this by loosely folding it, putting it into the game box, and using the game box as a guide to draw the cutting lines. You can then glue pieces of cardboard onto the tuck flaps to make a card box that will actually fit your 7 Wonders cards.

I also obtained 5 of the 50 count Ultra Pro plastic card boxes to put various tokens in. These also serve to fill space between your wonder boards and the card box.

As you can see, I could easily fit another 5 or 6 expansions worth of cards, and upwards of 20 more wonder boards. Needless to say, I think I am ready for whatever Antoine has planned.

I know how helpful a few "storage solutions" pages have been for me, so hopefully at least a few find this helpful.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All my stuff fits in the original 7 wonders box
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean with the original insert? Are your cards sleeved? If so, are they premium sleeves?

I use Mayday premium sleeves, and there is absolutely no way all the sleeved cards with the 2 expansions would fit, let alone the 14 wonder boards.

Either way, if you figured it out for your situation, great! I am ready for the next 5 expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Bårdsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
I have to say, this looks awesome. I will definitely copy this once my sleeves arrive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Avatar
Gejayge wrote:
Do you mean with the original insert?


Do *you* mean the actual, original (cardboard) insert?

Quote:
Are your cards sleeved? If so, are they premium sleeves?

I use Mayday premium sleeves, and there is absolutely no way all the sleeved cards with the 2 expansions would fit, let alone the 14 wonder boards.


I have the original cardboard insert, everything sleeved (with good, non-Mayday, sleeves (Ultra-pro ftw), all the promos and expansions, and the Lost Wonders fan expansion boards (admittedly on doubled 110# cardstock) and randomizers, and a dry-erase score board and pen. There's even a bit of room left over...so when you say "no way", there's a disconnect somewhere...

(The insert is beat to hell, however, and will likely be retired at some point, freeing up even more room.)



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Greyjoy
msg tools
fnord23 wrote:
Gejayge wrote:
Do you mean with the original insert?


Do *you* mean the actual, original (cardboard) insert?

Quote:
Are your cards sleeved? If so, are they premium sleeves?

I use Mayday premium sleeves, and there is absolutely no way all the sleeved cards with the 2 expansions would fit, let alone the 14 wonder boards.


I have the original cardboard insert, everything sleeved (with good, non-Mayday, sleeves (Ultra-pro ftw), all the promos and expansions, and the Lost Wonders fan expansion boards (admittedly on doubled 110# cardstock) and randomizers, and a dry-erase score board and pen. There's even a bit of room left over...so when you say "no way", there's a disconnect somewhere...

(The insert is beat to hell, however, and will likely be retired at some point, freeing up even more room.)





Then post a picture. If you have both expansions, that literally fills up the area for wonders. No exaggeration, there is no more room for wonders in the box after that except for placing them on top.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have the second printing which had a plastic insert. And even with penny sleeves, there is no way that all the cards would fit in the 3 designed card spaces (or even if I started using the token bin). So if you figured it out Chris, you could be a huge help to many others by posting the photo as Euron suggested.

My storage solution is not for everyone, and that is fine. I absolutely prefer to keep the original insert, but once the game no longer fits in the box, I don't hesitate to toss it, and figure something else out.

My effort here was to show others how I approached my individual problem, and solved it, hoping that it may help others find their own solution, or if they see fit, copy mine.

As more expansions come out, I don't foresee the original insert accommodating most for long.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have Cities & Leaders in my original insert and box.

All cards sleeved with Mayday Premium as well.

Fits fine.

Once the Wonder Pack arrives on my doorstop I will have to find a different solution though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
Well, I have the second printing which had a plastic insert. And even with penny sleeves, there is no way that all the cards would fit in the 3 designed card spaces (or even if I started using the token bin). So if you figured it out Chris, you could be a huge help to many others by posting the photo as Euron suggested.

My storage solution is not for everyone, and that is fine. I absolutely prefer to keep the original insert, but once the game no longer fits in the box, I don't hesitate to toss it, and figure something else out.

My effort here was to show others how I approached my individual problem, and solved it, hoping that it may help others find their own solution, or if they see fit, copy mine.

As more expansions come out, I don't foresee the original insert accommodating most for long.


I have the plastic insert which I assume is the one you're talking about and I have everything in the basic box...Base game, leaders, cities, Catan board, and Wonder pack. And the cards are premium sleeved. It fits, but I'll probably have to do away with the insert when they inevitably offer the next expansion. And yes, the box closes all the way...the lid is not raised or puffed up...not much anyway...maybe a quarter of an inch although I don't really remember what it looked like before I added everything that's in there.

Anyway, you wanted pictures, so I took some. The rules are on top:



Removing the rules shows the wonder boards, stored mostly in the wonder slot, but overflowing slightly into a second stack atop the card bays:



Removing all the wonders shows the tokens which are placed in the token bay and the wonder selection cards, atop age 1 cards, and the guild cards atop the remainder of the age 3 cards.



Removing the token baggies shows the leader and cities cards which are stored together, side-by-side, in the bottom of the token bay.



Finally, removing the guilds, wonder selection cards, leaders, and cities shows that I kept one of the score pads even though I don't really use it...I generally just add everything up in my head.



Hopefully that's what you were looking for. Sorry about the crappy pictures but I just did them with my iphone.



4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work James! That looks like a great solution indeed. I am sure for the time being you have helped many.

Hopefully others will keep this post in mind when the next expansion or two come out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Elness
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
I was going to toss out the insert, but I really liked the way it held the cards. So, instead, I sliced off the bottom inch or so. (The plastic container I got for $2 at The Container Store.)

I then flipped the insert upside down, since I store my games vertically. Works great, and still basically looks the same.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.