Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state that heroes can trade items as a part of their moving action...
Can someone explain that to me in detail, because no matter how many times i read the damn rulebook still dont get it!!
Also it says that they cant use the items until the players next turn...
So if A passes to B a ring or sword and B was the next hero to play does this mean tha B would stiil wait one more round in order to use the sword...or will he use it when his turn come ( which is next in the example)?

thank you people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A has a sword that he wants to pass to B. There are two requirements for this:
1. It has to happen during a move action.
2. At the moment of the trade, the two heroes must be adjacent.

Let's say A and B start A's turn adjacent to each other. A now declares that the first of his two actions is a move action. He then can pass the sword to B without any further cost - he does not have to pay any movement points for this, for example. If B had a ring that she wanted to pass to A, she can do this now as well, again without further costs. After they have traded, A now uses his Movement points to move towards a monster and uses his second action to attack. While A now has the ring, he cannot equip it because the Equip Items phase of his turn has already passed (cf. p. 7).

It is now B's turn. After dealing with any Start of Turn effects, like refreshing her exhausted cards, she has her Equip Items phase, during which she can equip the sword. If B's turn had come before A's, then she would have had to wait until the next round to euip the weapon.

Hope that made it clearer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
As part of a move action, heroes that happen to be adjacent to each other can trade items (shop items, search cards, whatever) back and forth as they please. No requirements on direction (both give and take works), no actual cost in MP (but it was to be an actual move action, can be a move action during which you spend no actual MP, but fatigue move or special skill movement doesn't work.

Then, any equipment must be announced to be equipped at the start of a hero turn, cannot be equipped mid-turn. Thus, if using it "right away" works or not depends on the details of a particular trade. If hero B takes an Item from hero A during hero B's turn, the point when B would have to equip stuff is already over, so he indeed would have to wait until next round. However, if B has not acted yet, and A gives him items during A's move action, on his following hero turn in the same round B could equip them as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Now its crystal clear.... thank you both!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, here I am reviving old threads again

Hero turn order in this example is alphabethical (A - B - C)

It is legal for hero B to take an item from hero A and pass it on to hero C so hero C can equip and use it during his turn, right? Basically A and C can both use the item withouth having to spend movement actions to trade it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is fine- there is no restriction on which of the two heroes pay the cost. When heroes are adjacent and a move action is in progress, who has what is fluid- search items don't even need to be equipped. A favorite of my hero party (let's assume alphabetical order) is the elven boots:

Hero A starts his turn with boots, gains 1 MP.
Hero A performs a move action, and during that trades boots to B.
B does the same, but trades boots to C.
C does the same, but trades boots to D.
D does the same, and trades boots back to A.

All heroes have gained +1 MP, and the boots have been returned to their owner for the next round. The same strategy works with the Ring of Power and Mana weave (all get temporary stamina boost or a free surge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep in mind, that given item is not equipped. Your example would still work, because at the start of the hero's activation each hero can reequip the boots, but if you give a shield to someone, that already played will be able to benefit from it after his next activation, not sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what point you're making about shields- the shield could hypothetically be exhausted, traded, and equipped, and refreshed by each hero in a single round (assuming there was a reason to exhaust shields during the hero turn.) More applicably, "Mana Weave" can be exhausted, traded, refreshed, and then equipped by each hero during a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
My point was if a hero obtained an item, the item would not become equipped until the hero activates. So if a shield is passed to a hero, the shield can not be used in any way until the hero equips it (this happens when a hero is activated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.