Subject: Assassinate Agent question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
When an agent is assassinated, is the agent card removed from the deck former controller? Is it replaced if currently in hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
When an agent is assassinated, is the agent card removed from the deck former controller?

Yes.

Tom Kassel wrote:
Is it replaced if currently in hand?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you lose the agent card.

If the card was in your hand you draw a replacement. This is also true for when you lose control of a city, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
When an agent is assassinated, is the agent card removed from the deck former controller? Is it replaced if currently in hand?

Does this still apply in the published version of the game?
Logically it would be so. But where does it say so in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems as if it's assumed that we would know what an assassination of an agent would entail, and what the consequences would be.

While it's not explicitly stated in the rules, we can assume from similar rules what we should be doing, ie. remove the agent card from the relevant player's deck, and if it's in his hand, he should immediately replace it.

From the rules (for other similar actions):

If you draw a ‘Mad’ counter and you had used an agent to carry out the action then you lose the use of this agent.
Place the card for that agent to one side and remove the Agent
counter from the board.

AND

If that player had the City card in his hand then he draws a replacement card from his draw deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the published rulebook in front of me, but I am almost certain that there is a statement in there somewhere to the tune of "cards you lose from your hand when it's not your turn are always replaced immediately."

I have not read any other version of the rulebook, so the other possibility is that I read it in one of these rules threads. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was afraid of this. I love most all of Martin Wallace's games, and that's high praise since I do NOT buy games based on who the designer is. He is one of only 3 I can name (Alan Moon and Richard Borg). But now I see there's "errata" where we have to guess and assune based on "other rules". That's not a rulebook--that's the Bible. You read the Bible in context and make assumptions on meaning and such. Rulebooks should be black and white, with NO need to make house rules. Might as well put out a kit game.
Martin, if you ever check these pages, is there a REAL errata or Q&A that's official (i.e. written by you?). If so, please send me one at 5108 Borman Dr. Spartanburg, SC 29301-3400 (I have no printer that works and the PC barely does.
Much obliged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
I don't have the published rulebook in front of me, but I am almost certain that there is a statement in there somewhere to the tune of "cards you lose from your hand when it's not your turn are always replaced immediately."

I have not read any other version of the rulebook, so the other possibility is that I read it in one of these rules threads. . .

It's in the rulebook, on page 5: "If at any time during the game you are forced to lose a card from your hand, draw a replacement card immediately".

The part you mention about this only applying when it's not your turn isn't correct (although in practice it is unlikely you'll be forced to lose a card on your own turn). You may have read that suggested amendment to the rules in this thread. In the original post (before the edit) the OP wanted the rules rewording so you only draw a replacement card if it's not your turn, but that's not actually what the rules say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.