Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there,
Zombie dice is a simple fun game, that fulfills filler, however many of the people I game with will immediately discard it due to the theme. Im not big on Zombies either so thats ok, but I'm after alternatives! I know there is trophy buck, which is a reskin, but that theme is more off putting to some then the Zombie one! If needed, i'll go with it, but if there is another game similar, then i'll happily investigate!

Its really a simple dice game that can be extended that I'm after. I'm not against other filler games, and I own Love Letter, but its the range of number of players I like.
Before anyone mentions Martian Dice, sadly it seems to be out of stock everywhere in the UK!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about these?

Las Vegas
Dice Town
King of Tokyo
Dungeon Roll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on seeing it in this thread, I just placed an order for Line Dice. It plays 2-6 and who could be put off by building a road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find it, maybe Pass the Pigs. It's a press your luck pig-rolling game. Very innocuous. Goes in and out of print from various vendors ranging from really minimal editions to deluxe editions.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mat628 wrote:
Based on seeing it in this thread, I just placed an order for Line Dice. It plays 2-6 and who could be put off by building a road?

Seen Line Dice before, it looks brilliant, being in the UK though, the postage is killer which makes the cost quite a bit higher then what it would be initially! Hopefully i'll get round to buying it though, seems there are still a few sets available :-)

King of Tokyo looks fantastic, it's on my buy list, but similar to above, funds aren't great right now, so it's a bit more then what I want to pay. That's the appeal of Zombie, cost and play amount!

Dice Town and Las Vegas don't grab me and the player amount is limited. Dungeon Roll looks fun, but when is it released? It's only just finished it's Kickstarter I think.

Side note, Being in the UK really is frustrating when games need postage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Liar's Dice (AKA: Perudo) would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The funny thing is... the cost is the reason why I haven't bought Zombie dice. For me it has too little to offer for that price tag.

With the expansion Dice Town can be played with up to 6 players but that doesn't matter if you think that you would't like the game anyway.

Of course Dungeon Roll will still take some time. It's announced for August. It just came to my mind because I saw it available for preorder some days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Bears!?

I have a bag of filler dice games that includes this plus three that have already been mentioned: Line Dice, Zombie Dice, and Martian Dice.

Line Dice is the best of those four, but they're all interesting to me in their own way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
to court the king didn't do it for our group, but I'd second Liar's Dice [make your own set for free] and if funds are tight how about Reiner Knizia's Decathlon [again free and really good fun].

If you do have £20 to spare then go for Elder Sign - an amazing dice game with lashings of theme and replayability - it's essentially Arkham Horror 'Lite' offering dice craziness and adventure story aplenty.

good luck, and happy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Can't Stop? That's a great push your luck dice game and you could make it yourself to your themeing needs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaermo wrote:
The funny thing is... the cost is the reason why I haven't bought Zombie dice. For me it has too little to offer for that price tag.

Most dice/card games that aren't mass produced by Hasbro or someone come in around the same kind of price in the UK (£10 ish). I was unsure about Zombie Dice, but the more I've read about it (and also playing the demo on ipad), it seems people love re-playing it, and that when compared with a game up around £30 that may only get played a few times, well that in one sense is a no brainer!

Just got Bears! for my uncle, so if they really like it, may pick up a copy as they can be put together for mass numbers!

I've played Liar's Dice , it was alright, though I got the most confused out of anyone with it!

I liked the look of Elder Sign, but my Fiance saw it on Tabletop and immediately said "that's too geeky!" which was a shame.

Sorry I must sound like I'm just dismissing people's ideas! There may not be a game as such, and I may have to go with Trophy Buck or Dino Hunt Dice I think may be the other option, unless there's something else.

Will consider Can't Stop though and also Reiner Knizia's Decathlon, so thanks for those suggestions. Alternatively I might dismiss getting a filler dice and go with The Resistance as something completely left field!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrmmm, I also wonder if the Bohnanza dice game would work for you? It looks pretty fast and not super complex with a push your luck element. Havent played it myself though. Can't Stop is about the same depth and time length as zombie dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming soon to Kickstarter Legion of Primus: roll into action
Push your luck dice game of battling super heroes and super villains .

Find us on the geek and on Facebook.

Www.facebook.com/legionofprimus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Brian, great to see some UK kickstarters starting up! (this is particularly ironic since I recently created a thread moaning about the postage cost of games to the UK and no UK kickstarters... [thread=Frustration with Kickstarter....]http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/963894/the-frustration-with-...[/thread], would love to learn about the game :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age is pretty cool, although it's a little more expensive than those other and only plays up to 4, but it's worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SmedleyX wrote:
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age is pretty cool, although it's a little more expensive than those other and only plays up to 4, but it's worth it!

It's my favourite dice game by a LONG margin. When I first played it, I thought that it was pretty neat, but I didn't need to buy a copy. Which was what I thought after my third game, and my fifth, and my eighth. By the tenth game, I thought "just buy the damned game already", and I must have played it 50+ times.

Not really the quick, "push your luck" game that Zombie Dice is though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richlush wrote:
Kaermo wrote:

Most dice/card games that aren't mass produced by Hasbro or someone come in around the same kind of price in the UK (£10 ish). I was unsure about Zombie Dice, but the more I've read about it (and also playing the demo on ipad), it seems people love re-playing it, and that when compared with a game up around £30 that may only get played a few times, well that in one sense is a no brainer!

Fair enough. I just prefer to buy my games when they are for sale for that reason.

But you've just made me think of the several KOSMOS dice games. I don't have them and haven't played them but maybe one of those would be worth checking out for you:

Ubongo: Das Würfelspiel
Keltis: Das Würfelspiel
Einfach Genial: Das Würfelspiel
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter – Das Würfelspiel

The rules of those games are in German but you should be able to get translations.

Edit: I forgot to look at the possible number of players. Only the last one supports more than 4. So maybe they'd be not as interesting either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
REPEAL THE 8TH
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Wimpout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
I did a quick search for dice + press your luck games and saw Sharp Shooters. It looks pretty cool but I'm sure it's out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Wimpout is a push-your-luck dice game based on an old game called 10000. (You can play 10000 with 6 regular dice. Cosmic Wimpout has 5 dice.)

Go Nuts! is another fun dice game.

Edit: +1 Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age (even though it's not the same kind of game). If you pick this one up, be sure to print out the Late Bronze Age score sheets. It's even better with those and the rule changes that go with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot Roll Through the Ages - probably the best dice game out there; but if your wife wants a geeky-less (ie theme-less) experience then Can't Stop and Excape will totally blow her skirt off. Get them both ASAP. Also, there's Risk Express (good but simple) and Zooloretto dice game which look cool.

Also, keep looking for Maritian Dice as it's another fave of ours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.E. Pennypacker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dino Hunt Dice is the same game as Zombie Dice and Trophy Buck, just with a different number of dice. So if you like Dinosaurs, get that one. Someone else mentioned Risk Express, but that is hard to find. I want a copy but never see one with a decent price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking at Dino Hunt, only thing I noticed is it has less dice? Not sure if that's an issue or not.

Risk Express I may have found a cheap copy! My fiance and I loved this when we played it a few years ago, but it seems incredibly hard to get hold of, at least at a reasonable price. Will see whether I get it or not, but thanks for all the comments. They are greatly received :-)

I'd like to try outRoll Through The Ages, it doesn't look that well presented (in my opinion that is) but people seem to rave about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.E. Pennypacker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richlush wrote:
Looking at Dino Hunt, only thing I noticed is it has less dice? Not sure if that's an issue or not.

Risk Express I may have found a cheap copy! My fiance and I loved this when we played it a few years ago, but it seems incredibly hard to get hold of, at least at a reasonable price. Will see whether I get it or not, but thanks for all the comments. They are greatly received :-)

I'd like to try outRoll Through The Ages, it doesn't look that well presented (in my opinion that is) but people seem to rave about it!

Dino Hunt Dice has 3 less dice than Zombie Dice. They took away one of each color. You play to a higher score in Dino compared to Zombie. Dino retails for a little cheaper compared to Zombie. Congratulations if you can find Risk Express for cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend A Fistful of Penguins for the same feel (and cute penguins).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.