Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
Aaron and I headed over to meet up with Joe McSweeney and Mark Edwards who had pulled out "The Lifeboat Game". Pat O'Brien and Rich Meyer were the other players and we had 6 for this zany game of lifeboats. The idea is that each player has little men in different boats (often sharing a boat with one or more of your opponents). You vote (using a little selection/spinner wheel) to see which boat gets a leak, then if the leak is more than the passengers can stand, a vote takes place to throw someone out of the lifeboat, and finally we vote to move a single boat one space up the board (here is where temporarily alliances are useful). There is also a phase where you must leave one boat - and enter another. If a boat gets too many leaks, it sinks (killing passengers who did not abandon ship). Cute game and worth some real laughs... Not as much negotiation as I might have thought (I don't always like pure negotiation games so I was skeptical about liking this game). I had a blast - and managed to win even though on the final turn I forgot to vote for my boat to make it to the safety of the island but it made it there anyway thanks to my compatriots! Fun stuff... My first game with Pat - he's a great guy at the game table - wish I had run into him earlier in the day but these are the kinds of regrets we deal with at large events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.