Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in backing this game, but there is a lack of information regarding gameplay. The kickstarter video describes it as a gamer's game; which is what I am looking for. My questions are:

What makes this a gamer's game?

What are the strategies/tactics that make the game interesting?

Can anyone that has played the game chime in on gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Gamer's game as in heavy? I dunno. It's been months since I played this, and I was a gaming newb when I did. But I liked how light it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A gamer's game does not necessarily need to be heavy, but IMHO it does contain interesting decisions based on gameplay/choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were to convince you of anything, it would be to stop using Kickstarter entirely. If this game turns out to be good, you can buy it from a discounter afterwards (and I've heard of many instances where the people who do so receive their games sooner than the ones who backed the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Experiencing senility daily since... I forget.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:
I am interested in backing this game, but there is a lack of information regarding gameplay. The kickstarter video describes it as a gamer's game; which is what I am looking for. My questions are:

What makes this a gamer's game?

What are the strategies/tactics that make the game interesting?

Can anyone that has played the game chime in on gameplay?

I helped Scott develop and play test this. Other than the board and pieces, I do not think the rules have changed since what I played. The game is fun. There is little luck in the game. It is easy to learn and teach. The card and play mechanics are unique leading to tense decisions and planning. It is an amazing game. It scales well between 2 and 4 players. I would recommend getting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrdin T Sasnak wrote:

The card and play mechanics are unique leading to tense decisions and planning.

This is the part of the game that I'm interested in getting to know. Would you care to expound on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Experiencing senility daily since... I forget.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:
Myrdin T Sasnak wrote:

This is the part of the game that I'm interested in getting to know. Would you care to expound on this?

The rules we used for playtesting are available as a file download here on BGG. That should answer a lot of your questions.

There would be a lot to tell.... You have three actions during your turn. You need to use an action to either use a card, draw a card, move fleets, drop off one unit in a region where you have presence... The presence of unspent fleets next to a region are prerequisite for some card play or actions. There are immediate use cards and end of round cards. End of Round cards are played by assigning them to a region - your first region assignment is face down, your other region assignments are face up. Each player has the same card selection in thir decks so you know what a player may be ble to do, just not when they can do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrdin T Sasnak wrote:
BlueDane wrote:
Myrdin T Sasnak wrote:

The rules we used for playtesting are available as a file download here on BGG. That should answer a lot of your questions.

There would be a lot to tell.... You have three actions during your turn. You need to use an action to either use a card, draw a card, move fleets, drop off one unit in a region where you have presence... The presence of unspent fleets next to a region are prerequisite for some card play or actions. There are immediate use cards and end of round cards. End of Round cards are played by assigning them to a region - your first region assignment is face down, your other region assignments are face up. Each player has the same card selection in thir decks so you know what a player may be ble to do, just not when they can do it.

Well, this is what I'm trying to figure out of the game. Sometimes reading the rules does not give you a complete picture. I'm interested in knowing about player interaction, decision making and whether the game is overall interesting. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just buy it when it's released if you're not sure? Or play someone elses copy and then buy it if you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Possible that the KS price was a good deal or that you'd help it hit a stretch goal.

Now that the campaign is over though I got a mail saying they're going to make all the stuff wood anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
Possible that the KS price was a good deal or that you'd help it hit a stretch goal.

Now that the campaign is over though I got a mail saying they're going to make all the stuff wood anyway...

I just got the same email; that's good news! I backed it because it might not be too easy to get later on and to help with the stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another game with high shipping costs!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.