Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had wizkids send me all new replacement cards for both the base set and Lost legion (mine were horribly miscut and off center) as well as new tiles from the base set. The replacement items they sent me are horrendous. The cards for the base set had no gloss what so ever on the face, almost milky looking and the tiles are so off centered I can't even see the stars/circles to line them up. Not to mention none of them are cut properly just like the ones that came with my game. The only saving grace were the replacement cards for Lost Legion were a slight improvement so I have managed to pick through and make one decent set.

It is nice that they were able to send me replacement items but a shame that they did not really solve anything. To those that ask for replacements good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would email them at wk.replacements@gmail.com, giving them the same information you gave here, and including some pictures. Maybe they will be able to send you another replacement set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sherwood
United States
Reading :-(
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
in my not-so-humble opinion, wizkids' replacement policies and procedures are pathetic. there's no excuse for your replacement parts not having been properly inspected before being shipped to you, especially given wizkids' typical way-too-long (multiple weeks!) turnaround times.

if i were you i'd complain to the parent company, NECA. you can contact NECA directly at http://necaonline.com/contact/support-2/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sherwood
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
as an afterthought followup to this general topic/problem, and as Thomas stated above,

Quote:
To those that ask for replacements good luck.

... because, as we know by now, new stock of MK won't be available until late may, which strongly suggests to me that wizkids is unable to refresh its supply of replacement parts as well.

Thomas probably should feel fortunate that he received anything at all! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nemodomi wrote:
as an afterthought followup to this general topic/problem, and as Thomas stated above,

Quote:
To those that ask for replacements good luck.

... because, as we know by now, new stock of MK won't be available until late may, which strongly suggests to me that wizkids is unable to refresh its supply of replacement parts as well.

Thomas probably should feel fortunate that he received anything at all! shake

I would be greatful if my $70 game wasnt jacked in the first place. Like I said most of what they Sent me was even worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sherwood
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I would be greatful if my $70 game wasnt jacked in the first place. Like I said most of what they Sent me was even worse.

i happened to luck out in the replacements department. two of my original MK dice were munged, and i received as replacements two that were okay.

having purchased MK:LL in the meantime, and having read on these forums the many horror stories about replacements, i held off from requesting replacement of *numerous* MK:LL cards that were cut badly, so that if one of the MK replacement dice were similarly munged, i'd have opportunity to try to get it replaced via a MK:LL request, as a way of dancing around wizkids' ridiculous "one replacement request only" policy.

at this point i'm considering foregoing requesting replacement of my poorly cut MK:LL cards, because i think i'd blow a gasket if their replacements weren't up to par.

i wish Vlaada would seriously consider choosing a different company for the production of any future games of his:

shoddy production and quality control
+ shoddy replacement policies and procedures
= seriously unhappy abused customers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, the QC for Wizkids is total balls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids shoddy production and QC is the reason that after purchasing the base game for MK I have ignored and will be ignoring any further releases for this (unless Vlaada changes companies with this). Like many, I had issues with the base game and replacing took ages (though I did at least get proper replacements eventually). And reading about many other WK productions having similar issues, as well as the first expansion being plagued with it made me conclude they aren't worth my money (and time to deal with the issues) until they get their act together in production and QC. If that means never, so be it, there's more games out there than I'll be able to purchase or even play anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nitewolf wrote:
WizKids shoddy production and QC is the reason that after purchasing the base game for MK I have ignored and will be ignoring any further releases for this (unless Vlaada changes companies with this). Like many, I had issues with the base game and replacing took ages (though I did at least get proper replacements eventually). And reading about many other WK productions having similar issues, as well as the first expansion being plagued with it made me conclude they aren't worth my money (and time to deal with the issues) until they get their act together in production and QC. If that means never, so be it, there's more games out there than I'll be able to purchase or even play anyway.

MK will always be produced by WizKids, they own the licence. I can say I did get my replacement items within two weeks, but like I said the items were not any better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sherwood
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
MK will always be produced by WizKids, they own the licence.

true that. good point.

a few notes pertaining to mage knight's apparent position within wizkids' overall game plan follow.

in a relatively recent (mid-march, 2012) "Management Shake Up at WizKids", justin ziran was promoted from vice president of brand marketing to president of wizkids, replacing lax chandra, who had been president of wizkids since 2006, and who is reported to have "left wizkids to pursue other interests, reportedly an unrelated internet startup".

in a very recent (february 21, 2013) "Interview with WizKids CEO", mr. ziran was asked, among other questions,

"What are your reflections on 2012 overall for WizKids?", and "What are you excited about for 2013?"

mage knight was not mentioned in mr. ziran's answers to either of these questions. nor was mage knight mentioned in the entire interview.

since early 2003, mr. ziran has been a member of boardgamegeek.

Justin Ziran
United States
Ridgefield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

mr. ziran has never actively participated in the MK nor the MK:LL forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
MK will always be produced by WizKids, they own the licence. I can say I did get my replacement items within two weeks, but like I said the items were not any better.

Right, I forgot about that. So no further MK for me most likely. Then again, from what Ken wrote about the new leader of WK, it doesn't look like they might not be planning too much more anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
nemodomi wrote:
in a very recent (february 21, 2013) "Interview with WizKids CEO", mr. ziran was asked, among other questions,

"What are your reflections on 2012 overall for WizKids?", and "What are you excited about for 2013?"

mage knight was not mentioned in mr. ziran's answers to either of these questions. nor was mage knight mentioned in the entire interview.

That was an interview at Toy Fair about HeroClix. I'm not sure it's a fair indictment to say that he didn't talk about board games during an interview about another product line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially MK is part of HeroClix. But yeah, you never know of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.