Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodd Closson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Kath Scarlet (38) + Gunner (5) + Assault Missiles (5) + Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Krassis Trelix (36) + Heavy Laser Cannon (7) + Seismic Charge (2)

Total is 100 points

I ran this against Soontir (w/Stealth Tactics), Turr (w/Stealth Tactics), and three TIE Fighters. I won both games played, including the first where I flew poorly and didn't realize the back was his secondary firing arc ().

I have to say the Assault Missiles really helped as well as the Seismic Charge. I almost wish I had another seismic charge for the other firespray. Gunner did well, and the 4 dice with a Heavy Laser cannon made a big difference when facing high agility Imperials. Kind of wish I had Veteran Instincts for Krassis, but that's just point limitations. Engine Upgrade and Push the Limits would be interesting as well. But, this is my first build and I am considering twin firesprays for a tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunner is 5p and not 7p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodd Closson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Enies wrote:
Gunner is 5p and not 7p

Typo on my part. Still a 100 point build and question remains the same. Thanks for the catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I usually find you can't keep both Firesprays at range 2-3, thus reducing the value of the Heavy Laser Cannon for both - the gunner is a better buy.

I ran

Kath, determination, shield upgrade, gunner, seismic charge
Bounty Hunter, shield upgrade, HLC, gunner

Gunner is AWESOME.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoddimusPrime wrote:
Kath Scarlet (38) + Gunner (5) + Assault Missiles (5) + Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

I've always thought that having the HLC on Kath was a bit of a waste considering you want to roll more crits with her if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
I've always thought that having the HLC on Kath was a bit of a waste considering you want to roll more crits with her if possible.

That's why I run her with Marksmanship and Merc Copilot. With any pilot you want as many crits as possible ... with Kath, you want to force them into either canceling one -- more than one doesn't matter -- or eating them.

I have HLCs on both my Firesprays, because if you fly them well, they can take turns being in HLC range and cover for each other.

First thing to do to fix the OP build is drop the Assault Missiles and find something better to do with the points. I understand the utility against swarms, but you're getting nowhere near 5 points worth of firepower, for two reasons: (1) Swarms are extremely match-dependent, obviously, and (2) you've already got an extremely powerful long-range weapon.

If you want anti-swarm tech, go with another Seismic Charge. Flying only two ships, you run very little risk of damaging yourself, and they can be extremely effective, especially because they don't require any action to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my twin Firespray. I'm 2-0 with it (or very minor variants), and it can almost certainly use more tweaking, but I like it a lot.

The Seismic Charge is on Krassis because with the lower Pilot rating, he has the best chance of using it effectively. The Stealth is on Kath because ... I'm not sure why. Might be better on Krassis. (And that would appeal to my sense of symmetry, as then each ship would be 50 points ... EDIT: And I think 50+50 has some significance in tourney scoring?)

==========
Slave Who?
==========
Kath Scarlet and Krassis Trelix in twin Firespray bombardment platforms.

100 points

Pilots
------
Krassis Trelix (47)
Firespray-31 (36), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Seismic Charges (2), Mercenary Copilot (2)

Kath Scarlet (53)
Firespray-31 (38), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Marksmanship (3), Mercenary Copilot (2), Stealth Device (3)

------

View: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/5707/slave-who
Tweak: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build/5707/slave-who

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:

That's why I run her with Marksmanship and Merc Copilot. With any pilot you want as many crits as possible ... with Kath, you want to force them into either canceling one -- more than one doesn't matter -- or eating them.

I have HLCs on both my Firesprays, because if you fly them well, they can take turns being in HLC range and cover for each other.

With this build it seems to me you are spending alot of points just to bring back some of the utility lost to Kath when you add the HLC. I'd be inclined to drop the HLC from her ship and try to get the extra die from attacking at range 1 while Krassis keeps his distance. Theres alot you can do with those extra 7 points - you're more than half way to an Academy pilot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.