Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think it's the most balanced number of heroes for solo play? I imagine playing with one hero must be impossible and with four too easy.

Thank you very much in advance for your replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should make a poll for this if you are interested in soliciting lots of opinions.

For what it is worth I enjoy both 2 and 3 heroes for solo play. It depends on the kid of experience I am looking for and the particular mix of heroes I am using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on your skill level, and how often you want to win. If you're just beginning, I'd start with 4 and adjust downwards from there once it feels too easy. If you have experience and think you've mastered the game, but are just now thinking of solo, start with 2 or 3.

The number of heroes isn't an absolute measure of difficulty. If you've got the Wizard or another very mobile hero, playing with 2 is far easier than if all your heroes are slowpokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I do solo, I always play with two heroes and really enjoy it. Three would be fine as well I think, but for me it is too much management efforts. One hero I never tried, I think he (or she) would feel a bit lonely, and it must be really difficult to accumulate enough cards to defeat generals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a HARD time winning with 4... I can't immagine playing with less, even if using the Royal blessing rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had read somewhere that the game was balanced for 4, and that is how I play. I certainly would not say it is too easy! Though certain combinations of heroes seem to work better than others making it easier to manage crises.

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
STEPHANOS KOLOVOS
Greece
CORFU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi there,
i have tried it with 4 and 3 heroes by picking them in random.So far i can say that with 4 heroes the game it s easier than playing with 3 but keep in mind that Wizard is something that will always helpfull ,specially when u have picked up a game with 3 heroes.

Geia soy patrida
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.