Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm not dead. Lionsgate City is progressing nicely, and now that my due date has come and gone, I'm able to tuck in and tweak things 'till it's perfect.

After a bunch of playtesting, I've finally settled on a set of rules that seem to fit the experience I was going for, and offer a number of balanced routes to victory. I also have most of the art assets done, though I have a few things to clean up on the character cards, namely some corrections and clarifications, and a more readable font. Also, the Player Mats are still up in the air, as I'm not entirely sure what needs to be on them.

Anyway, here are the Rules, and some examples of the art. I'm still very much open to suggestions:

THE RULES

This whole process has been a lot of fun, and a huge exercise in patience and self-control, Every time I've had another idea show up in my brain I've had to stifle it, jot it down in a sketchbook, and turn my attention back on this thing.

I think the biggest lesson I've learned in the process is "MAKE SMALLER GAMES". I can't dwell on the fact that I'm putting all this time and effort into a game that, statistically, ten people might buy, but that fact is there, and in the future I'll turn my focus to some more accessible projects.

On the other hand I've never had someone play it who didn't enjoy themselves. And the whole process of building a big game, watching it go from yellow stickies on an exposure sheet to a printed quad-fold game board has been fascinating. And if nothing else, it's been a fun way to gain some notoriety at my local game group. ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I just looked at This Thread. There are so few similarities between this game now and this game then....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.