Hide
12 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: 6 year old? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
My son will soon be six. I am growing very bored of his games and wanted something I am interested in. Could a six year old play this. We currently play Castle Panic and he has that down. His strategy is meh but rules wise he has it. We also play Dungeon and Kids of Catan. Hes fine with all those as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Image caption has notes on what rules we used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
My son will soon be six. I am growing very bored of his games and wanted something I am interested in. Could a six year old play this. We currently play Castle Panic and he has that down. His strategy is meh but rules wise he has it. We also play Dungeon and Kids of Catan. Hes fine with all those as well.

Hello,

you should give a try to this document http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/mypage/362174/m44/story#_inde...

It may help you while teaching your son playing Memoir'44.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Memoir has rules for "Junior Generals", where you play without any of the tactics cards, only using the sector cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Awesome! Im going to give it a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I played my lad at that age minus the tactics cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
honestly, should probably have no prob playing the game
you can always implement the tactic cards after playing a while
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Memoir '44 can be played solo, which is essentially how I play with my 6 year old.
We play with our cards face up, and on his turn I make suggestions regarding his best moves. When it's a close call, I describe the situation to him and he calls the shots. It's loads of fun, and he loves it.
After a few games like this, he's beginning to eschew my suggestions - but that's a good thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely.

His strategy might be meh again for this game too, at least for the first few plays. But since he's familiar with those other games, he should find this learnable. It's definatley a great father-son game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why why why didn't I set up a RRGSP! (Registered Retired Gamer Saving Plan)
badge
So many games.... so little time...
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
Memoir has rules for "Junior Generals", where you play without any of the tactics cards, only using the sector cards.

LOL I didn't know they had rules for Junior Generals - how brilliant is that

My eldest grandson (now 9) loves to play this game - I think we started several years back when he couldn't read (plus his primary language is French) and I had to explain the cards and what they did as he got them.

It only took about two games and he got the hang of them pretty well! (They have amazing memories at that age.) He hardly ever asks today - and he kicks my butt at times too!!!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Beck
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend's son has been playing the game (and playing it well) since he turned 5, so short answer, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.