Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Phillips
United States
BLUE SPRINGS
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has 7 Wonders: Cities for $19.13 with free Super Saver Shipping. Normal online dealer price is $19.99, so this one is good for people with Prime or who have another $5 to spend at Amazon to get the free shipping.

7 Wonders:Cities at Amazon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Cortez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up the last one. Thanks!

hecubus667 wrote:
Amazon has 7 Wonders: Cities for $19.13 with free Super Saver Shipping. Normal online dealer price is $19.99, so this one is good for people with Prime or who have another $5 to spend at Amazon to get the free shipping.

7 Wonders:Cities at Amazon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
$19.40 with Prime. YOINK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
$19.40 with Prime. YOINK!

ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a deal. This is pennies cheaper than csi everyday price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Premise is for people with prime, 2 day shipping for free.
I am sad I don't have an account.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiran Halcyon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, got one! Regular price was a bit too much for an expansion but 20 bucks sounds OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:

I'm with you. Can people really not save up their game purchases to spend $100 worth to get free shipping for all their games? And does the extra couple days of shipping (for an expansion that you weren't previously planning to buy except for the sale) really make a difference?

I don't get it.

Edit: And I do have Prime. It's just not that useful for boardgames compared to CSI (and others). Especially when you add in tax I have to pay when ordering from Amazon. But I do love Amazon. In fact I work there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
Because some people cannot afford to drop 100 dollars at a time for board games or choose not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
pcktlnt wrote:
Because some people cannot afford to drop 100 dollars at a time for board games or choose not to.

This. It always cracks me up how people are like... "Just buy $100 worth of games and get free shipping!"

Yes... it's just so easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
pcktlnt wrote:

This. It always cracks me up how people are like... "Just buy $100 worth of games and get free shipping!"

It always cracks me up how people are like... "Buy buy games one at a time and pay 17% extra!"

If someone can afford to spend $50, they can afford to pay $100 at some point in the future, assuming the $50 purchase wasn't their last one. In Elfbarf's case, he paid 17% for shipping. I don't understand why people voluntarily pay 17% just to avoid waiting/grouping.

Obviously there's some threshold where if someone buys so few games that it's a long time until buying the next game or two, the time gap would start to accrue value, so I guess that's the one case that makes sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wake me up when the base game is $19.13 on Amazon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
pcktlnt wrote:

It always cracks me up how people are like... "Buy buy games one at a time and pay 17% extra!"

If someone can afford to spend $50, they can afford to pay $100 at some point in the future, assuming the $50 purchase wasn't their last one. In Elfbarf's case, he paid 17% for shipping. I don't understand why people voluntarily pay 17% just to avoid waiting/grouping.

Obviously there's some threshold where if someone buys so few games that it's a long time until buying the next game or two, the time gap would start to accrue value, so I guess that's the one case that makes sense to me.

That's the thing, just because this is something that does not make sense to you does not mean you have to rail against it. Instead, just move on to the next post. Believe it or not, most people will be just fine not hearing your negative opinion.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
That's the thing, just because this is something that does not make sense to you does not mean you have to rail against it.

This is a forum. People chat in forums. I'm not trying to be negative. I'm trying to
a) suggest more efficacious purchasing behavior
b) have a discussion with people who disagree with my suggestion.
So far I haven't seen much discussion, but whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

That's the thing, just because this is something that does not make sense to you does not mean you have to rail against it. Instead, just move on to the next post. Believe it or not, most people will be just fine not hearing your negative opinion.

Jorune

Believe it or not, most people will ALSO be just fine AFTER hearing your negative opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a new gamer I found Amazon to be my first stop to buy simply because I wanted to grow my collection all the time. Also the fact that I have never heard of CSI or MM contributed to my behavior. That said, now I have a good collection and will not buy from Amazon again anytime soon. Instead, I will be building my wishlist for my Xmas 2013 shopping from now on and I am sure when the time comes, the order will be more than $100. I will be buying from CSI or MM then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:

So let me get this straight, this is cheaper than the absolute cheapest place on the web AND still comes with free shipping AND still does not require you to buy $100 worth of stuff and yet it isn't a "deal"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kartigan wrote:
So let me get this straight, this is cheaper than the absolute cheapest place on the web AND still comes with free shipping AND still does not require you to buy $100 worth of stuff and yet it isn't a "deal"?

CSI is not the cheapest. It's cheaper at both Boards & Bits and Miniature Market, from just a quick scan at those two. And both of those also offer free shipping w/ minimum order size. So it's really just about not having to order the amount required for free shipping at those places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Kartigan wrote:

CSI is not the cheapest. It's cheaper at both Boards & Bits and Miniature Market, from just a quick scan at those two. And both of those also offer free shipping w/ minimum order size. So it's really just about not having to order the amount required for free shipping at those places.

Let me make this easier for you. The admins, specifically Octavian, has already requested posters to refrain from trying to police the hot deals. He has asked that you flag it and allow him the opportunity to make the call. I am on an iPhone, so it's difficult for me to find the exact thread where he stated this, but I will look for it later if you really would like to read it.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link. Last post:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/919626/tanga-deals-read-this...

"Please leave moderating the forums to the moderators. If you see something that you don't think belongs in Hot Deals, flag it as Wrong Forum. If the moderators agree, it will be moved. If not, it won't. Either way, after flagging it it is best to ignore it and move on."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also see his recommendation on my thread that was locked.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/905899/usa-123112-only-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At no point was I trying to police or moderate the forum, or did I have any interest in this thread going away, or being moved to another forum. There is no motivation for me to flag the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love hot deals. I even love warm deals. Even just deals.

What I don't love is arguing about just how hot the make-believe temperature of a deal is just because some random online retailer has it for basically the same price but will give me free shipping after spending $100.

It has been debated over and over again. Many of us will gladly pay the extra 17 cents now to get the 2 day shipping through Amazon. In fact, many of us PREFER paying the extra 17 cents over saving up $100 to spend on board games and saving that 17 cents in the future.

Whatever the temperature of this deal- it's worth posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
curtc wrote:
Kartigan wrote:

Let me make this easier for you. The admins, specifically Octavian, has already requested posters to refrain from trying to police the hot deals. He has asked that you flag it and allow him the opportunity to make the call. I am on an iPhone, so it's difficult for me to find the exact thread where he stated this, but I will look for it later if you really would like to read it.

Jorune

I wasn't trying to police the forum, I just wanted to make people aware that this is the normal price for this expansion. When I saw the OPs post I initially jumped on it, then realized it wasn't an amazingly good price, just normal. People are right, though, free shipping potentially makes this worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
I love hot deals. I even love warm deals. Even just deals.

What I don't love is arguing about just how hot the make-believe temperature of a deal is just because some random online retailer has it for basically the same price but will give me free shipping after spending $100.

It has been debated over and over again. Many of us will gladly pay the extra 17 cents now to get the 2 day shipping through Amazon. In fact, many of us PREFER paying the extra 17 cents over saving up $100 to spend on board games and saving that 17 cents in the future.

Whatever the temperature of this deal- it's worth posting.

I don't mind the posting; I'd rather see others' perceptions of "deals" and then decide for myself whether it makes sense for me to buy or not.

However, regarding the "free" shipping and all, I have a different view than you do. If I'm in the market for the game at the same +/- $20 price anyway through a discount OLGS, now I only have to spend another $80 on product to meet the $100 free shipping threshold, and that $80 will go father at the OLGS than Amazon because of the better discounts. So, barring some "emergency" purchase or something (maybe a last-minute gift), I would prefer to wait and buy it all through an OLGS. It's not like I don't have plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Besides, unless you have an $80 Prime account (or happen to be enjoying your short-lived free 6-month trial of same), your "free" shipping from Amazon will NOT be 2 days, but more like a week or so. I just ordered a game from them (sold and shipped by Amazon) and it took them 3 days just to ship it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.