Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Collins
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of buyinbg this game, but I am not sure which one i should buy, annny suggestions as to which one I should buy between Ravensburger or Rio Grande, and why you would sugest that publisher?
thanks

~ Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Did Ravensburger ever make an english edition?

Regardless, they definitly co-produced (under their Alea moniker) the Rio Grande Games edition, and that edition is - aside from language - identical to the german Ravensburger edition. So assuming that Ravensburger published an english edition, get either. However, double check that you're not looking at a german copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ravensburger published the German edition of Puerto Rico under its Alea brand; Rio Grande Games published the game in English. The components are identical except that one has wording in German and the other in English. Unless you and everyone you play with is fluent in German, you should purchase the Rio Grande edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Collins
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

~ Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the text on the buildings on the picture on the back of the box of the english version (phew!) is in german even though the text on the actual buildings inside the box is in english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad News [bnw] wrote:
Also note that the text on the buildings on the picture on the back of the box of the english version (phew!) is in german even though the text on the actual buildings inside the box is in english.

That is so funny. I never even noticed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad News [bnw] wrote:

The same is true on the box of the Rio Grande edition of San Juan (Alea small-box series)--the picture shows cards printed in German, but the box contains cards printed in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.