Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have a few questions before I kick off this scenario. As with most of the World at War products it appears that only a cursory job of proofing the counters and scenarios has taken place.

So ...

1 - The maps in this from upper left and going clockwise:
* A (Map letter in lower left corner)
* G (Map letter in upper right corner)
* C (Map letter in lower left corner)
* B (Map letter in lower left corner)

I *think* that's correct, because it's hard to tell about the G map.

2 - 13th Guards - That's a Russian Formation Correct?

3 - 13th Guards - I cannot seem to find the 9K22 Tunguska counter anywhere. Thoughts on how it may be labelled or with which army I might find this piece of hardware?
- Found it!

4 - 17th Greater Polish - The OOB says 2x BMP-1 & 2x BMP-2, but there are only 4x BMP-1 that came with this unit? Do I substitute the BMP-2 from another unit or play with 4x BMP-1 from the 17th Greater Polish?

5 - Does the Warsaw Pact player have to declare whether or not they're taking the 13th Guards before Turns 7-12 or can they jump them into the map and then use them? Essentially, when does the US Forces player count the extra 4 VPs?

6 - The wording for the Warsaw Pact player's VP description is vague. "One point for each eliminated US unit." I'm assuming this means any individual unit counter not an entire unit like Task Force Eagle.

7 - How do you handle fractions for the the US Player VPs for 1/3rd Shattered Units? Round up or down?

8 - When does the US Forces player score the 5 points for entering and clearing Lohse & Boekel? At the end of the game if they remain clear or upon clearing them the first time?

That's it for now.

Has anyone actually played this particular scenario out? I'm very curious because it looks like one of the meatier scenarios in the expansion which is why I have it all ready to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith,

1) I am away this weekend so I can't check the maps, but there are some playtest pics here you can check. Go by landmarks though when comparing since I believe there were changes in the letter positions on then maps at one point.

2) 13th Guards is Soviet

3) The Tunguska is an attached unit and is in the TUS counter set.

4) Use whatever is in the 17th.

5)no declaration needed, the US gets the VPs once the Pact player decides to put the 13th Gds activation chit in the cup.

6) Per unit counter, not formation.

7) At least one third, so a 10 unit formation is shattered when 4 are eliminated.

8) As per standard rules, clearing or control of a location is determined at the end of the scenario.

Played it many times

I hope you like it, please let us know how the game goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt responses. I am very much looking forward to getting this one underway. I cannot wait for the America Conquered expansion to get here!!! It has been almost a year in the excitement buildup for me. I am hoping this will tide me over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Last news was the product is ready to be shipped to the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.