Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone were to land a job at Northwestern University and were trying to figure out where to maybe look at house rentals. Where are some good places to look?

Ideally not in Chicago, less than an hour commute, and not someplace where folks are TOO packed in together. Bonus points for ease of finding gaming obviously.

GM me if you have suggestions. Or respond to this thread. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Polina ryth
msg tools
Evanston is good enough. Try Skokie and Glenview. Depends if you have kids or not. If you do I would not recommend Evanston.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
Winter324 wrote:
If someone were to land a job at Northwestern University and were trying to figure out where to maybe look at house rentals. Where are some good places to look?

Ideally not in Chicago, less than an hour commute, and not someplace where folks are TOO packed in together. Bonus points for ease of finding gaming obviously.

GM me if you have suggestions. Or respond to this thread. Thanks.

If you are cool with driving, north of Evanston has a ton of wider-open areas. Northbrook, Winnetka, Wilmette.

i'm a huge fan of Chicago though, so I wouldn't rule out living in chicago, even if on the far North side. (*note- I've never lived north of the river, so I'm not super familiar with those neighborhoods, but some of them are very nice).

The purple line runs to Evanston. If you go during rush hour, there is an express train to Evanston from downtown and up the red-line corridor. If not, you take red to purple and that is slower.

Living in Evanston is nice too, and gives you access to Chicago at will, but is a bit more expensive due to being close to the university.

*Also, there traditionally are no bowling alleys in Evanston (so goes the rumor) because it was dry until very recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. Any little bit of info is helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't recall where are the pricier neighborhoods are, but I vaguely recall they're all pretty much north and northwest of the city. Won't presume what your financial well-being is, but living up there can be pricey, and I would imagine there aren't a lot of homes for rent to begin with. It's very lovely up there though! Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.