Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint DeSena
United States
Plainville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to order an extra solid board for Summoner Wars. (Don't like the paper ones.) The one on CoolStuffInc says it is split into two pieces, while the one that came with my master set is just one piece.

Are there any differences, or are they exactly the same board? Can I purchase a separate single-piece board or do I have to order the double (and slightly more awkward) board?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of any of the newest style of boards that are available for individual purchase. Up until the most recent printing of the Master Set, all of the hard boards have come in two bi-fold halves (both as a separate item and in the original Master Set). You could always email Colby over at Plaid Hat, and see what he has to say...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint DeSena
United States
Plainville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just emailed them. Thank you for the suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The boards in the new master set fold differently. I think six sections total, instead of the "four" of the premium boards. I do not believe the premium boards fit in the new Master Set box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Northnilly
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both, and always use both of them together to play a 2v2 game. Their size matches well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Northnilly
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a37345735 wrote:
I have both, and always use both of them together to play a 2v2 game. Their size matches well.

No standalone single-piece board is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a37345735 wrote:
a37345735 wrote:

No standalone single-piece board is available.

that is a shame, I'd like one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played on all the boards: paper, cloth, the quad fold halves, the bi fold halves, and the six fold full board. I think the bi fold boards are my favorite of the hard boards. the quad halves and six way whole board never lay flat enough for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the new master set use the same board that was originally sold as the premium board?
It looks like the board now sold as premium board is 2 bifold halfs according to PHGs web site.
I own the bigger master set, so mine is a 2 piece board and each piece folds in half, same as the current premium board.

Man I hope that makes sense to everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Master Set's board is a one piece board that folds...either two, four, or six times - don't have it, so I can't check.

The old Master Set board came in two halves that folded in half. The current premium board folds the same way.

The original premium board came in two halves that folded four times - once in half and then in thirds.

I'm not sure, but I think future premium boards will fold the way the new Master Set's board folds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.